Rackspace Hosting and Create PDF Plug-in

Re: [wolftracks] Rackspace Hosting and Create PDF Plug-in

By Jason - April 12, 2011

Hi Dillon,

The createPDF plugin does require certain libraries to be present on the server. Since moving providers doesn't seem to be an options, there are a couple of other things we can try.

First, if you could fill out a [url http://www.interactivetools.com/support]2nd Level Support Request[/url] we can log into your site and see if there's anything we can do. If you could also include details to log into your hosting provider that would be helpful.

Another option would be to use a proxy. If you have another CMS Builder running on a different server that would support the plugin, you can set up your plugin on your first site to use the second site as a proxy to actually run the plugin.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Rackspace Hosting and Create PDF Plug-in

By wolf66 - April 12, 2011

Could you post the specific libraries required. Am I missing something but I didn't see them anywhere in the readme.txt.

But know logging in will not do you any good. Rackspace have basically said they won't install them, and we run all our websites from there so bar setting up a copy of CMS B on another provider just for this one plug-in (which would be mildly annoying tbh) I think it's a wrap unfortunately.

Re: [wolftracks] Rackspace Hosting and Create PDF Plug-in

By Dave - April 12, 2011

Hi Dillon,

Create PDF uses a linux binary to actually create the PDFs. It requires some common linux libraries. They're almost always there but sometimes not. We may have a way to add them ourselves but haven't had a chance to test it (partly because the problem hasn't been common enough), but we also have a cloud sites account we'd like to get it working on.

If you can send a ticket in or an email me direct to dave@interactivetools.com we can take a look and see if we can figure out a way to get it working for you.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com