combine fields in section editor

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 11, 2011   (RSS)

By furcat - April 8, 2011

I am putting together a multi-field section editor and I want separate fields for phone area code, prefix, and number. However, in the input for my customer to add new items I would like for the screen to look like this:

(xxx) xxx-xxxx except, where the x's are I want the empty field for entry. So I want it to be lined up horizontally in one row instead of vertically.

I have the fields created, and I'm getting the characters before and after the field, I just don't know how to make it display it horizontally.

Thank you.

Re: [furcat] combine fields in section editor

By gkornbluth - April 8, 2011 - edited: April 8, 2011

Hi FurCat,

A great idea, but I don't think that this is possible "out of the box" (hope someone can prove me wrong), but I'm sure that the programmers at Interactive Tools would be glad to tackle the issue.

Many of us would like to have a way to line up fields horizontally in the editor.

Maybe you'll start them on the path.

Sorry I don't have a better idea,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [furcat] combine fields in section editor

By robin - April 11, 2011

Hey,

Jerry is right, there is no out of the box way to do that in CMS Builder. If it is very important to you we could look at writing a plugin for you through consulting.

In any case, we've noted the request for future versions.

Thanks,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com