Spambot email protector in blackberry browser

10 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: April 13, 2011   (RSS)

By rez - April 3, 2011

Can u please check the appearance of email addresses when using the email protector in a blackberry browser? I received notice that email addresses were not correct when viewing from a blackberry phone. They mentioned numbers and symbols. I dont have a blackberry at this time to check the plugin but it's the only thing I can think of since I didn't even make a mobile version of my site.

I can send a link to support if needed but figured u can check any install. If this plugin is a problem and u make a fix please post or send it my way asap.

Re: [rez] Spambot email protector in blackberry browser

By rez - April 3, 2011 - edited: April 3, 2011

Actually I remembered a friend with a blackberry. Deactivating the plugin resolves the problem. When activated, the addreses looks to him like email but are random letters.

Hope this is fixed asap as I have disabled the plug. :(
It's kind of disturbing that this is so browser dependent. I feel like it may brake in the future.

By robin - April 4, 2011

Hey,

Could you post some details about your problem? E.g. What version of Blackberry, what you see compared to what your expected to see. We don't have a blackberry on site so more info will help us out a lot.

Thanks,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com

By robin - April 5, 2011

Hey,

Thanks for the info. Could you send a link to the problem page into support and we'll look into creating a fix for the blackberry browser.

Thanks
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com

By gkornbluth - April 5, 2011 - edited: April 5, 2011

Hi Rez,

Probably not the fix, but there's a global parameter in the plugin that causes the email address to come out backwards.

It's the one called

$GLOBALS['SEP_ENCODING_METHODS']['bdo'] = true;
Try setting that to false and see if the issue goes away.

I had to set that and $GLOBALS['SEP_ENCODING_METHODS']['jsLocation'] = true; to false for a site before it would work right.

No problems since.

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Spambot email protector in blackberry browser

By rez - April 5, 2011

Thanks for the info Jerry, good to know :) I just hit submit to the second level support. I guess i'll wait for those guys to look around at this point.

By gkornbluth - April 8, 2011

Hi Rez,

Did you ever get this resolved?

Jerry Kornbluth

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Spambot email protector in blackberry browser

By rez - April 13, 2011

Hi Jerry. Sorry for the delay. I went back and forth with support a little and was confused. I was sent a fix and haven't been able to test on a blackberry yet but support says it's resolved in the old phones and new ones they were able to test.

They will be updating the plug.

By gkornbluth - April 13, 2011

Hope it works...

Jerry