Disappointed

13 posts by 8 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 15, 2011   (RSS)

By benedict - July 12, 2010

Hi guys,

CMS Builder has transformed my business, no doubt about it. And the support you guys offer is second to none - when I've needed you, you've been there. But I gotta question the last few updates in terms of priorities.

Who is asking for these updates? A view function? Pseudo-fields? Related-records? How did these get a priority over a centralised asset library, URL rewriting, and page previewing? We sell a lot of your product and these are the items that prove to be deal breakers.

I understand why items like eCommerce, event calendars and eNewsletter functions may be a long way off as they are not core CMS functions, but I don't see progress on the items I do consider core functions.

What are the future plans for the CMS?

Re: [benedict] Disappointed

By Dave - July 12, 2010

Hi Benedict,

Sorry, I actually was meaning to mention this in the last release post but didn't. The majority of the recent features were developed for various custom programming jobs. So since they were already developed we released them.

We're still working on or planning all the features you mentioned they're just not completed yet and we just like to release what we have every month or two.

Page Preview and eCommerce are high on the list. We're eager to replace our own add-on store shopping cart system.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By videopixel - July 12, 2010

i agree with Benedict...

By Maurice - July 14, 2010

me 2 agree with benidict

we are making the leap to WP 3.0

tip!! small fast sites use cmsb Reale the best.
making demo sites CMSB is also the best
mid range sites use WP 3.0
Larger complex sites any of the big names in CMS world.

this prevents many frustrations
use the right tool for the right project we learned.

Greetz M
-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl

Re: [Maurice] Disappointed

By Damon - February 7, 2011

The "page previewing" feature Benedict was looking is now available in CMS Builder 2.07.

Get the upgrade here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Dave] Disappointed

By NigelGordijk - September 8, 2011

Hi, Dave.

Your original reply was from more than a year ago, so I was wondering if you have any eCommerce functionality available for CMSB? I'm about to start on a new site that has an online store component with the usual, expected functions: shopping cart, payment processing (e.g. PayPal) , delivery options (either UPS or store pick-up), and the ability to save a shopping cart and return to it later (I'm assuming this last one will require the website membership add-on).

Thanks!
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net

Re: [NigelGordijk] Disappointed

By Dave - September 8, 2011

Hi Nigel,

We've done about a dozen carts and have a cart plugin in development but it's not "polished" for release yet so right now we just do it through custom programming.

What I'd look at is how much an existing cart solution will cost vs what it would cost for us to implement it for you through custom programming. If it's cheaper/easier for us to do it we'd be happy to do so.

But we're continuing to work on the plugin, regardless and it will get faster and easier over time.

Feel free to email me direct if you want to discuss. Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Disappointed

By NigelGordijk - September 8, 2011

Thanks for the update, Dave.
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net

Re: [NigelGordijk] Disappointed

By Toledoh - September 8, 2011

Hi Nigel.

I was in the same predicament not long ago and went down the path of custom programming with itools even though I've used other cart software previously.

I'm very happy with the results. I haven't launched the sites as yet, but will soon.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)