Website Membership - Controling content with a checkbox

By Mikey - February 5, 2011

I finally had a need to install the plugin Website Membership. After reading the instructions, I had it installed and started plugging in bits of php code into the web site I was adding it to. Within a few minutes of installing, adding the page code, I had sections of the site secure and visible to only those who are logged in.

So I then removed some of the php code that secured the entire page and instead added bits of php code to display records based on whether the site visitor was logged in or not using a check box field. This way I could write one site page, upload files and add content to one section editor and display content based on who's logged in or not using just a check box when creating new records.

So now when I post new articles to the site, I can uncheck a check box field that allowed the post to be viewable to all site visitors. OR I can leave the check box "checked" and the new post is only visible to members.

So to get to the point...
I'm very impressed with the flexibility of Website Membership, the ease of use and with little effort I was able to achieve things that I've had difficulty doing in the past using other membership scripts. And the ability to create one page and control viewable content with a simple unchecking of a check box has me very excited and completely impressed. CMS Builder absolutely Rocks!!!!

So attached are two files showing what I did to get this working. The (members-nonmembers.php) file also has the "Website Saved Searches" plugin installed as part of the demonstration file.

Hope someone finds this useful... and if you have other creative ways to manage content based on member VS non-member, please share!

Zick

Re: [zick] Website Membership - Controling content with a checkbox

By Toledoh - February 5, 2011

Hey Zick.

I agree - the Membership plugin is great!

Have a look at http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/P83943 I'm using this all the time now.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Website Membership - Controling content with a checkbox

By Toledoh - February 6, 2011

Hey Zick.

Attached are some grabs of what I'm doing with the membership area. Opening it in a lightbox windows, all content customised to the members... their news, their events (using your calendar), their gallery etc.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
Attachments:

club1.jpg 171K

club2.jpg 90K

club3.jpg 95K

Re: [zick] Website Membership - Controling content with a checkbox

By Toledoh - February 6, 2011

I do exactly that on littleme.com.au and www.brendanread.com - works a treat :)
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)