Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

12 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 19, 2011   (RSS)

By Codee - December 29, 2010 - edited: January 9, 2011

Hello group,
I have a site built with CMSB2.06. The customer who will be the content administrator, it turns out, is using an iPad. Everything apparently works fine except for 2 functions in the admin area:

1. WYSIWYG Editor. Doesn't show up in the admin panel on the iPad.

2. Image Uploader. The box for browsing for the image(s) doesn't show up on the iPad. I disabled the flash uploader (normally used for multi-image instant uploading) but the issue persists.

Is there a solution for these?

thanks in advance.

Re: [equinox69] Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

By Jason - December 30, 2010

Hi,

The problem is that the tinymce wysiwyg editor isn't supported on ipads. Until ipads support all of the libraries that tinymce requires, there isn't much that can be done. If you absolutely need to work on your site through the ipad, you could turn your wysiwyg fields to textboxes.

As for the image uploader, are you referring to an upload field, or to the image uploader that's part of the wysiwyg editor? If it's the latter, it's not working do to the editor not being supported by the ipad.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

By Codee - December 30, 2010

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info on the tinymce issue with iPads.

As far as the image uploader I, to clarify, it is NOT with regards to the WYSIWYG editor. The selection field is not showing up on the iPad for any of the uploaders (for images, pdfs, other files) programmed into the CMS backend. Works fine on any pc of course. As I mentioned, I disabled the flash uploader and problem still exists.

Re: [equinox69] Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

By Damon - December 30, 2010

Hi,

I don't have an iPad to test but my understanding was that neither iPhone or iPad supported file browsing so files can't be uploaded through the browser.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Re: [Damon] Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

By Codee - December 30, 2010

Hi Damon,

It was my understanding it would generally work as long as the flash multi-loader was disabled and as long as the ipad owner had an app like ipad file explorer engaged. Any ipad users or programmers with ipad clients in this group that can comment?

Terry

Re: [northernpenguin] Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

By Codee - December 31, 2010

Thanks Ragi!

Re: [northernpenguin] Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

By Mikey - April 18, 2011

I was trying to upload a document in CMS Builder using my iPhone, but wasn't able to. So I disabled Flash for the uploader, but I still can't seem to upload documents, the "Choose File" button is grayed out.

Has anyone found a solution for uploading files in CMS Builder using an iPhone?

Re: [zick] Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

By Jason - April 19, 2011

Hi Zick,

Are you referring to the normal upload field, or the upload through the wysiwyg editor?
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Re: [Jason] Image Uploader and WYSIWYG Editor not functional with an iPad.

By Mikey - April 19, 2011

Hey Jason,
I was referring to a normal upload field.