Showing who created an entry in the 'editor list page'

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 11, 2010   (RSS)

By dougdrury - November 10, 2010

I have a multi page section. I want to show in the list of those pages the name of the user who created it. Right now, I can only add the createdByUserNum in the list page fields and that gives me the numeric key for that user. Is there a shortcut that I can put into the list page fields to show in the list the fullname of the user who created that entry? Does this make sense to you all? It may be something simple and I am overcomplicating it.

Thanks,
Doug

Re: [dougdrury] Showing who created an entry in the 'editor list page'

By gkornbluth - November 11, 2010

Hi Doug,

Unless I'm not understanding your question, you should be able to use something like:This record was created by: <?php echo $record['createdBy.fullname']; ?> anywhere in the foreach loop.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Showing who created an entry in the 'editor list page'

By dougdrury - November 11, 2010

Jerry,
Thanks. Yes. You are right about that for a page I create in PHP. But I am talking about in the actual CMS Builder UI Page that lists the entries. Not in a php page where I am using the php code from CMSB.

Doug

By gkornbluth - November 11, 2010

Sorry
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Dave - November 11, 2010

Hi Doug,

Yes, under "ListPage Fields" in the section editor add a field called createdBy.fullname and that should do it.

Note that we're looking this up in realtime when displaying it, so a limitation of this method is you won't be able to sort on that column when in the CMS Editor list view.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com