Help - Multi Records with Categories as check boxes

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 1, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [zick] Help - Multi Records with Categories as check boxes

By Jason - November 1, 2010

Hi Zick,

What you'll want to do is first create a Category Menu. Using your example, you'll first create 3 categories: Company News, Sales Rep Blog, and Products. Next, you'll create your sub-categories under each of these:
example:
The "Company News" category will have 5 sub categories: What's New, New Products, Manufactures, Product, Sales Rep.

Now that you have your category structure, you will create field in each of your Multi Record Sections. Since it would seem like each record in your multi record section would only have 1 category, I would suggest using a drop down list. I would suggest using these options:
Get options from database (advanced), Section Tablename: Categories, Use this field for option values: num, Use this field for option labels: breadcrumbs.

(Breadcrumbs are good to use because it will show you the parent category name as well).

When someone clicks on a category, you can pass that category number to be used to search on. (I.e, if they click on category number 5, you would return all the records from your section where category=5)

Hope this gets you started. Let me know if you have any questions.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/