Totally confused.

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 4, 2010   (RSS)

By dimeco - October 4, 2010

I am working on setting up CMS builder for the first time... (yeah, I know, I've had the licence for like, ever it seems LOL) - just did the upgrade this morning so I do have the newest version...

but I'm totally and completely confused compared to the old Article Manager :( (OH how I wish you had kept it up to date!)

Your instructions are either wrong or old.

I've been following the section editor instructions... I don't HAVE any of the tabs it claims I should have:

"http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/section_editor.html"

I ONLY have the "General" and "Viewer URLs".

Nothing else.

Also, it says "Preview website" and absolutely NOTHING exists, except my admin folder.

So I'm completely stumped. I'll keep going, but this is taking far too long to set up :( (I didn't want to use Wordpress when I paid for this system and it's just been sitting there, but I could have a whole site done in a matter of hours with WP.

Just a thought for you guys.

I'm clueless as to how to even add content... if I am, how are my authors going to be??

Amber

Re: [dimeco] Totally confused.

By Jason - October 4, 2010

Hi Amber,

Sorry you're having trouble.

For your second questions, all CSM Builder pages must use php code to get the content from the database. It is however, possible to use the "useSeoUrls" options in the getRecords function so that your links will turn from this:

my_page.php?myProduct-15

to this:

my_page.php/MyProduct-15

As for your main problem, that's strange that you don't have all of the options in your section editor. If you could email your CMS Login information and FTP details to jason@interactivetools.com, I can take a closer look at this issue for you.

NOTE: only email this information, don't post it to the forum.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/