Pricing add ons

By Maurice - September 29, 2010

Just read the news letter from interactive tools.

great to see that after less than a year with the add ons a company gets dollar signs in there eyes ;-)

But I don't mind paying more for the add ons as long as i get better quality not in coding cause that is great but better integration with cmsb like Word-press. so less programming more designing and faster building cause that's where cmsb is good ad

Greetz Maurice
-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl

Re: [Maurice] Pricing add ons

By flamerz - September 29, 2010

i bought 8 plugins... and i own only 3 cmsb licenses.

im using only ONE plugin, in one of the licenses (csv export).

another plugins, i bought just to take a look.

imho, the new license policy seems quite expensive.

Re: [flamerz] Pricing add ons

I agree we own many cmsb and wanted to by 10 more but now with this new pricing i think it will force us to buy les and go to word press.

Dropmonkey.nl

As i see it, IT is struggling with there pricing issue not only for the add ons but also with cmsb thats to bad they are great builders but not great business men why dos teams like magento and sugarcrm make lots of money and have great community's here the community is only people with programming problems.

i think CMSB is a super great product i love working with it cause it gives me lots of freedom but IT is killing slowly there own product to bad.

I hope they will see the light some day cause i think there community is great, ready and able to help theme to a higher level.

just use the magic wand called social media.

[:P]

Dropmonkey.nl

By Dave - September 29, 2010

Maurice,

Geez, we haven't even broken even on some of those plugins. We're just releasing our internal tools to help people and we're selling them for way less than it cost us (or would cost someone else) to develop.

And reason people post programming issues is because CMSB is an open system where you can extend it beyond the software itself. People ask about things because they are possible. It would be very easy for us to lock it down and make it hard to extend it and then we'd have none of those questions. Or we could just say it's not possible, as many companies do.

The problem with the other systems is they always lock you into building cookie-cutter sites that are all the same.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Toledoh] Pricing add ons

By flamerz - September 30, 2010

some of us not see the super duper discount in:

"Save hundreds of dollars on your unlimited add-ons for one more week."

looks like we have to hurry for not pay 3 times more for the same.

but im happy to see somebody getting 500% of profit with a pdf plugin that will cost 300 bucks. (same prize than a commercial Expression Engine license).

this is outside my budget... sorry.

Re: [flamerz] Pricing add ons

By Dave - September 30, 2010

flamerz,

You're talking about a lot of different things:
- Yes we're raising the price.
- Comparing a PDF Plugin/API price with another CMS price doesn't make sense
- Comparing unlimited license cost with a per-site license cost doesn't make sense
- You already have many of the plugins so this doesn't apply to you anyways

>"i bought 8 plugins... im using only ONE plugin... another plugins, i bought just to take a look. "

You said earlier you're not actually using the plugins? If you're buying plugins out of curiosity or personal interest it will be very expensive.

If you're not reselling them, why did you buy them and what are you using them for? Was it to learn about how to write plugins?

They're meant for resale and allow you to offer your clients new features and services. If you're not making money on them many we could give you some tips on how to make money with them. If you want us to give you tips on writing plugins we can probably help with that.

What is it you are actually looking for?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Codee - September 30, 2010

Dave and the InteractiveTools team,

I guess we're just dumb because our team is extremely grateful for your CMSB product, it's pricing, the add-ons and their respective pricing. We used to outsource a LOT more and had to pay a LOT more for the level of quality and control we wanted - that your products provide us directly now. Yes, we could 'maybe' save a bit by going to another type of CMS system or even use WordPress. We have nothing against WordPress and it's becoming more flexible except there is something that CMSB provides us that joomla, droopal, some others, and even the mighty wordpress do not - much more complete control over the design and integration of the websites we build for clients. That control extends into another important area that most of the people on this forum, even the bigger companies and "experts" don't comprehend - building for search engine optimization. This is the ONLY CMS system we've come across in the last 10 years that does not compromise the SEO processes we've designed, built and honed to near perfection - we're able to incorporate them seamlessly into CMSB sites.

Please feel free to keep capitalizing off of our "stupidity".