CMS Builder - error when I log in "Disabled for security reasons..."

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 26, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [meg] CMS Builder - error when I log in "Disabled for security reasons..."

By Chris - August 25, 2010

Hi meg,

I think this is probably the same issue some of our other forum users are experiencing. Perhaps you have the same web host?

Your web host has changed something. I'm guessing they've disabled the base64_decode function. Please contact them to let them know that they've broken your website and that they should reverse their changes!

Web hosts sometimes get a little overzealous about trying to combat malicious scripts and wind up breaking lots of perfectly good software in the process.

You'll need to contact your web host to get this resolved.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] CMS Builder - error when I log in "Disabled for security reasons..."

By meg - August 25, 2010

Thanks - will do. Yeah...Freakin Network Solutions. I'm not a fan, but some of my client chose to use them before I had a say...

Re: [meg] CMS Builder - error when I log in "Disabled for security reasons..."

By zip222 - August 26, 2010

same issue. same host.
solutions:
- tweet them at netsolcares
- send an email to listen@networksolutions.com

here is their response:

I apologize for any inconvenience. A recent security update has disabled the base64_decode function of PHP resulting in your error. We have identified the issue and expect to be rolling out a permanent fix within 1 hour. However, please allow 2-3 hours for the fix to be applied to all servers.

Re: [zip222] CMS Builder - error when I log in "Disabled for security reasons..."

By Donna - August 26, 2010

Glad to hear it -- looks like that's affecting a lot of people! Hopefully they've got that sorted out soon. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com