Add fields to header display in backend

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 9, 2010   (RSS)

By design9 - August 7, 2010

Hello,
I was wondering if it is possible to add certain fields to display in the backend area. Currently the title will show but we want to add additional areas to show when you first go to a multi-viewer page that lists all the data you have entered.

Example: for our articles section in the backend, it currently just shows the title but we would like to add an area so it also shows the date and article id number. I know the article id number would be more complicated but was also wondering about adding basic fields.

I have attached a screenshot to help illustrate what I am referring to, the areas we want to add are highlighted in yellow.

Thanks!
April
Attachments:

articlescreen.jpg 154K

Re: [Donna] Add fields to header display in backend

By design9 - August 7, 2010

That works great! I added the date field.

Is there anyway to pull in the article id number to the list page? I know that is a little more tricky since it is not really a field. Our editors want to be able to quickly see the id number without having to go into every article one by one.

Thanks!
April

Re: [apdance9] Add fields to header display in backend

By rconring - August 8, 2010 - edited: August 8, 2010

I think you are referring to the sequential article number generated by the system. If so, the system field name is "num". There are also other system fields that can also be included ... see attachment.
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987
Attachments:

systemfields.jpg 28K

Re: [rconring] Add fields to header display in backend

By design9 - August 9, 2010

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed!

April

Re: [apdance9] Add fields to header display in backend

By rconring - August 9, 2010

You are very welcome ... you may want to see the system fields documentation here for additional functionality:
http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/special_fieldnames.html
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987