RSS FEED INCORPORATION

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 5, 2010   (RSS)

By csdesign - August 5, 2010

Can I bring I bring in RSS feeds in a php page and if so, how? I assume php does not allow iframes? Not sure the best way to pull all of her social media sites into one page yet.

Re: [csdesign] RSS FEED INCORPORATION

By Donna - August 5, 2010

Hi there,

Generally, you'll need an RSS aggregator to do that. This would be an additional script designed to parse the RSS feed for the fields you want to display.

PHP does allow iframes (that's just plain HTML, you can do any HTML you want in PHP) but it won't display the way you're expecting it to, as RSS is designed to work with additional software. On its own, it's just unformatted text. :)

Most aggregators are designed to work separately from your website (ie, Google Reader) and are specific pages that you would go to to read the feeds that you're interested in. Usually if you want to syndicate content on your site, the "offering" site would have a different method available for you, or you could use an aggregator designed for that purpose. Unfortunately, I don't know of any off the top of my head -- I'd suggest that you first check with the sites that you want to pull in the content from and see if they have any other methods for displaying their content on your site. (They may also ask you not to do that.)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com