How to add records directly into CMS Builder.

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 27, 2010   (RSS)

By mingyq - July 15, 2010

Hello

Does anyone have any experience with how to add data from a simple feedback form on your website directly into CMS Builder and also have these only show after they have been approved?

The basic idea is to have Testimonials added directly without having to retype them. The fields would for instance be name, testimonial, date. These data should then be stored, but not visible before they have been approved by the Administrator (Checkmark?).

Any comments appreciated.

Re: [mingyq] How to add records directly into CMS Builder.

By Jason - July 15, 2010

Hi,

Yes you can do this. The best thing to do would be to first design your form. Once you've done this, if you could attach that code to this thread along with the names of all of the fields in your CMS table that you want to add to. Once I have this information, I can give you much more specific examples of what to do.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [mingyq] How to add records directly into CMS Builder.

By Jason - July 27, 2010

Hi,

I took a look at your design, and have noticed couple of different issues:
- You don't have a <form> tag, which would be needed to have the form actually submit.
- Your form elements are being displayed as part of a foreach loop, which means you'll have a form for each $testimonials_multiRecords. You'll probably only want one comments form.
- each form element will need a unique name. right now, they are all named 'text'. We need a way to be able to differentiate them.

I've attached an example comments script that shows a form and writes a record to the database after the form has been submitted. Take a look at that, I think it will get you pointed in the right direction.

If you want, we can always do this project for you through consulting. If you're interested in that, please go to www.interactivetools.com/hire-us/ and fill out that form to get a free quote.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/
Attachments:

comments.php 5K

Re: [Jason] How to add records directly into CMS Builder.

By mingyq - July 27, 2010

Thanks Jason

I just submitted a request for a free estimate.

MingyQ