Mulpitle logins

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 19, 2010   (RSS)

By pgplast - July 19, 2010

I'm rather new to php (having come over from the dark world of windows and asp). (I have licensed CMS builder for a website I'm currently doing, and it is great!)

I have a question about the application of the CMS builder and Membership plugin for another project, however.

Would it be difficult to create a cms builder project that does the following?

1. Create a form for a registered user to use to store online info about himself.

2. Allow the form to contain a field the user employs to create and store a second password for the use of others

3. Allow someone else given the second password to log in the see the information but make no changes.

Thanks

Re: [chris] Mulpitle logins

Hey Chris, thanks.

But does your solution suggest that the actual user (vs the "guest" user) would not be able to access the viewer page with his password?

In other words, could the member user get into the inerface to make changes in his record, while the guest with his own password, would just see a readonly viewer?

Thanks, (and sorry for being dim).

Re: [pgplast] Mulpitle logins

By Chris - July 19, 2010

Hi pgplast,

For simplicity, I was thinking you could have separate viewers, but it wouldn't be too hard to add an extra check to that viewer to see if the record belongs to the user who's currently logged in.

I'd recommend setting this up with separate viewers first, just to keep everything simple and the site structure easy to change, then combining viewers at the end when you have everything working the way you want.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Mulpitle logins

Thanks, Chris.