Uploading images

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 19, 2010   (RSS)

By sbauml - July 16, 2010

I have a MAMP server on my mac and everything is working fine except when I upload an image it doesn't show the image when you preview. Do the images need to be in an image folder in the cms root folder? Please advise.
Thanks!

Re: [sbauml] Uploading images

By Jason - July 16, 2010

Hi,

By default, images are stored in an folder called "uploads" just inside the cmsAdmin folder.
Is it just the preview that seems to be the problem or are the images not uploading at all.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Uploading images

The images uploads into the /uploads folder but doesn't display when I preview the pages. Also it creates /createThisDir.txt in the thumbs folder with the main image in that folder and the thumb image in the thumbs folder.

Re: [sbauml] Uploading images

By Donna - July 16, 2010

Sounds like everything is uploading correctly (that text file is part of the installation to make sure that directory gets created). What code do you have on your published pages to show the images? What shows instead?
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Uploading images

At first when I preview, it looks like a place holder with a broken link icon pops up for second then it shrinks down and only shows the name I created for the photo. When I click on the name link it goes to the Agent page but does not load the picture. The pictures uploaded to the Uploads folder and it also created thumbnail sub folders. I'm using MAMP on my mac as a staging server in my localhost. I put the CMS Builder files in the htdocs of MAMP. Everything else works fine with the exception of the uploaded images not displaying when I preview the site.