Moved Server: thumbnails not showing

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 17, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [WEVOLUTIONS] Moved Server: thumbnails not showing

By Jason - June 14, 2010

Hi,

What I would suggest is to create 2 backups (1 to edit, 1 to go back to in case something goes wrong).

Open one of the backup files in a text editor (Note: use something like notepad, not Word).

The backup file contains all of the SQL statements to create your database and fill it with values. Do a search through the file to find all of the file paths that your old server used and do a replace to replace them with the file paths of your new server.

Once this is done, you can save the backup file and do a restore in CMSB. This should change all of the file paths for thumbnails stored in your database.

Give this a try and let me know how you make out. Remember, you can always restore the second backup file if something goes wrong.

If you run into any trouble, please email me a copy of the backup file with the old and new server path you want to use to jason@interactivetools.com and I'll take a look.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Moved Server: thumbnails not showing

By wevolutions - June 17, 2010

Hi Jason, thanks for responding. I actually saw this explained in another post before I saw your reply. I just want to let you know that I got everything going and so far so good.

Excellent product and support guys, keep up the good work.