How to Publish Single Page Content

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 4, 2010   (RSS)

By hhusted - May 3, 2010

I have a website where I write articles on a regular basis. How can I use CMS Builder to publish a single article and not have the article overwritten with another article.

In other words, if I create one article, and generate the code for it, how do I get the next article to show without overwriting the previous article. What steps do I need to take to make sure the previous article is saved.

Re: [hhusted] How to Publish Single Page Content

By gkornbluth - May 4, 2010

Hi hhusted,

Instead of using a single record editor, try setting up a multi-record editor. that way you (or your writers) can create as many articles as you want to and they will not be overwritten.

After that, there are many ways to determine which article(s) can be edited by whom, which will show on your web page, and in what order they will appear in if there are more than one.

You can also easily set up searchable "archives" of older articles if you want to.

Hope that gets you started.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [hhusted] How to Publish Single Page Content

By Jason - May 4, 2010

I think Jerry had a good idea. The best thing to do would be to use a multi-record section. This way you only need to generate the code once.

If you only want to display one article at a time, when you generate your code, you can set the records per page field to 1. It will automatically display "next" "previous" links to allow people to page through your articles.

Hope this helps you get started. Give it a try and if you run into any issues, let me know.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/