CMS Builder Install

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 5, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [nmsinc] CMS Builder Install

By ross - April 29, 2010

Hi there

Thanks for posting!

That's an odd one. There isn't a script called install.php in CMS Builder. I think the best thing to do here would be send through a full support request so we can take a closer look for you. You can do that here:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] CMS Builder Install

By nmsinc - May 5, 2010

[font "Times New Roman"]I completed a support Ticket ID: LEF-802629 on April 30th, 2010. Donna answered the ticket on May 1, 2010 stating that she would look into it ASAP. I emailed Donna on May 3rd and 4th asking for a follow-up on this ticket and have yet to receive an answer. [/#000000]

[font "Times New Roman"] [/#000000]

[font "Times New Roman"]Ross, you mentioned in your follow-up post that CMS Builder does not contain an install.php script; however, I found the script in the lib/menus/ folder. [/#000000]

[font "Times New Roman"]Looking at the admin.php script it looks to see if the setup process has been completed, if not, it loads three base scripts all located within the lib folder. The last and final script “lib/admin_functions.php” is used to install, upgrade and register the license. The install function loads the install.php script, which contains the html setup form. This form contains a post action value of “?”.[/#000000]

[font "Times New Roman"]I do not see anywhere in the admin_functions.php script that assigns a value to “?” unless the value takes on the last function performed which was to load the install.php script, so I’m lost from this point on.[/#000000]

[font "Times New Roman"]I would like to get this done today as my client is getting impatient, and I should not have to pay for expedited ticket, as this error is not addressed in your normal troubleshooting section![/#000000]

[font "Times New Roman"]Regards[/#000000]

[font "Times New Roman"]RBH[/#000000]
nmsinc

Re: [nmsinc] CMS Builder Install

By Dave - May 5, 2010

Hi RBH,

Thanks for the reminder. There's a bug in our ticket system that the age timer is reset every time there is a new post. So every time you checked in it bumped it to the bottom of the list. Sorry about that.

The software is generally pretty easy to install and doesn't require you to modify or examine anything in the /lib/ folder.

I re-uploaded all the /cmsAdmin/ files and renamed your custom.css to custom.css.disabled and everything appears to be working again.

I also noticed /_vti_cnf/ subfolders everywhere, my first guess is the files may have been automatically modified by whatever program was used to upload them (maybe Frontpage)?

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more problems or questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com