Upgrade possibilites

8 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 28, 2010   (RSS)

By weblm - April 27, 2010

We currently have a client on the old real estate listings software v1.27.

Couple of questions:

1) Is there an upgrade path to the latest CMS builder

2) Would we need to also get the Realty add-on in the latest CMS builder or would our current database carry over?

3) What, other than the template pages, does the realty add-on for the current CMS builder give you?

4) What is the upgrade process, if it's possible?

Thanks!

-Kevin
LM

Re: [kblm] Upgrade possibilites

By ross - April 27, 2010

Hi Keven.

Thanks for posting!

There definitely is an upgrade path that takes you from Listings Manager to CMS Builder. Having said that, I'll go over your questions one at a time :).

1. Yes, there is an upgrade path.

2. You do no need to get the realty addon for this. That only comes into play for brand new sites. It sort of gives you a foundation to start building a realty site off of instead of starting from scratch.

3. If you remember back to when you started working with Listings Manager it had some really simple basic templates. Basically just black text on a white background. That's what the realty addon template set for CMS Builder gives you. Those templates.

4. There are two main components to an upgrade.

First, you need to get all your data imported. That includes the actual content, the fields you've set up and any images you've uploaded. This step is something we typically do ourselves for you. To get a quote on that, just email me through consulting@interactivetools.com and I can setup a quote.

Second, your templates need to be converted. This part is something you can handle on your own if you are comfortable working with HTML and PHP. This is also something we can just do ourselves for you if you like and again, email me through consulting@interactivetools.com for a quote.

How does that all sound? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Upgrade possibilites

By weblm - April 27, 2010

Ross,

Thanks for the reply.

Couple followup questions:

1) What would be the actual cost of obtaining CMS builder? Is it the full retail price?

2) I'm a web developer, so I know MySQL and PHP, is it possible for me to be able to import the data and fields myself?

3) As #2 says, I am comfortable converting the templates

4) Is the upgrade procedure where the new CMS builder is installed first and then old data and fields are migrated over? Then all templates need to be updated to point to the new database?

Thanks again!

-Kevin
LM

Re: [ross] Upgrade possibilites

By weblm - April 28, 2010

Ross,

Any update on my 2nd set of questions?

-Kevin
LM

By Dave - April 28, 2010

In response to this question:

>1) What would be the actual cost of obtaining CMS builder? Is it the full retail price?

If you paste your old Listings Manager product-id in the comments fields you can use the promo code UPGRADECMS to get 75% off the regular price.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Upgrade possibilites

By weblm - April 28, 2010

Thanks Dave.....good deal!

How hard is it to transfer data from old to new?

-Kevin
LM

By Dave - April 28, 2010

We have some scripts we can send you that import the data over. We're still refining of the process though. If you want to give it a shot yourself just email ross@interactivetools.com and ask him for a copy of the Listings Manager to CMSB import scripts.

That will bring the data over, then the next step is setting up the display pages.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com