can CMSB do basic classifieds

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 15, 2010   (RSS)

By loccom - April 13, 2010

Hi guys

I have been using Interactive tools since 1999 for all sorts of various projects. Probably my best rated software ever.

One question i have for CMSB to ask the team is that is it possible to create a basic Classifieds system using membership add on?

Can a user register, pay a fee and then add a vehicle to the CMS?

If this is the case which is the best way for images to be uploaded? hopefully not through the WYSIWYG?

many thanks
Steve

Re: [steveo] can CMSB do basic classifieds

By loccom - April 13, 2010

figured out the photos part [;)]

Another question, does the membership system have more than 1 price plan? Can you choose levels?

Re: [steveo] can CMSB do basic classifieds

By Chris - April 14, 2010

Hi steveo,

A basic classifieds system should be no problem for CMS Builder.

The membership plugin doesn't have any billing features, however, that doesn't mean that it won't help you simplify user management when you set up your own billing system.

I'm thinking that a simple system would be to set up one or more Paypal buttons, then wait for emails from Paypal and manually change a user's Section Access > Max Records to allow them to create a certain number of ads depending on how much they've paid. You could also add a list field for Price Plan.

Once you're sure you've got a good system working, the money is rolling in, and you're getting annoyed with the tedium of manually handling your Paypal emails, you can look into getting us to build you some custom software to automate your billing system.

If this is the case which is the best way for images to be uploaded? hopefully not through the WYSIWYG?

I would recommend using a separate upload field.

I hope this helps you get started. Please let us know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] can CMSB do basic classifieds

By loccom - April 15, 2010

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i am looking to do something similar to auto listings manager but allow users to add their own car on to the website. However we would like to split it so one fee for cars and one fee for adding parts or general automobile items.

What would you suggest being the best way forward?

I would be interested to be price quoted for a membership levels payment so members can choose their payment level.