Download Mail v1.00 Released! (New Plugin)

12 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: June 9, 2010   (RSS)

By Dave - April 14, 2010

Hello All,

We've just released a new plugin: Download Mail
http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Download-Mail-1016

This one is VERY powerful. It can automatically download email from any email account (or multiple email accounts) and save it in CMSB as records you can easily manipulate. It automatically decodes emails into text, html and file attachments.

There's lots of neat things you can do with this. Have a look at the add-on page for more details and feel free to post any questions here.

We've used this plugin on two sites already. It saved us a _lot_ of hours and really impressed the clients.

Let me know any questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Download Mail v1.00 Released! (New Plugin)

By Toledoh - April 14, 2010 - edited: April 14, 2010

WOW... how good is this!?!

re: "PHP imap extension (with ssl support for secure mail servers)" does this mean that for instance credit card details could be emailed through securely?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Download Mail v1.00 Released! (New Plugin)

By flamerz - April 15, 2010 - edited: April 15, 2010

I bought 5 plugins from the shop... currently im only using one, but i enjoy "collecting and playing" with them.

Same happens with spambot email protector.. bought only for take a look.

Will ITools make some add ons bundles? i dont know if there are more customers that like to collect software like me.

I feel ITools add on are cheap because unlimited use, but some are a little expensive for my non-use.

Im alone with this behavior? ^^

Re: [Toledoh] Download Mail v1.00 Released! (New Plugin)

By Dave - April 15, 2010

Hi Tim,

>"PHP imap extension (with ssl support for secure mail
>servers)" does this mean that for instance credit card
>details could be emailed through securely?

They would be downloaded securely, but perhaps not sent across the internet through all secure channels. Best to encrypt your data if you want to send credit card details. The secure part of the connections is just so we can connect to servers that require that.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

Re: [flamerz] Download Mail v1.00 Released! (New Plugin)

By Dave - April 15, 2010

Hi flamerz,

>... i enjoy "collecting and playing" with them.

Send me an email to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll send you a new one we have in development and you can help beta test it.

:)
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Download Mail v1.01 Released! (New Plugin)

By Dave - April 23, 2010

I've just released 1.01 with some fixes and enhancements:

Here's the changelog:

*** April 23, 2010 - Version 1.01 Released

NEW FEATURES
- Message send date is now stored as 'Created Date' and download date is 'Updated Date'
- downloadMail_checkAccounts() now returns count of messages downloaded and messages remaining
- List page now shows grouped message details with list page pseudo-field '_message_summary_'
- Added example to run.php to download all remaining mail, not just next N messages

BUG FIXES
- Mime-encoded message headers are now converted to UTF-8 instead of "=?ISO-..."
- Upload errors are now only stored in the related email record (not all email records)
- Messages with inline or unsupport content types (RELATED, APPLEDOUBLE) no longer produce errors
- Messages without proper headers no longer produce error: Undefined property: stdClass::...
- Messages with multiple text or html blocks now have that content merged when imported
- Skipped uploads (with dis-allowed file extensions) no longer leave .tmp files in the /data/ folder
interactivetools.com

By affinitymc - June 8, 2010

Hi Dave,
Quick question before I purchase:
Would the feature - "syndicating email content (reposting incoming email content to your site or to other services)" allow me to send an email blast (e.g. a newsletter) to the membership database if I am using the Membership plugin?

Thanks!
Brian

Re: [affinitymc] Download Mail v1.01 Released! (New Plugin)

By Dave - June 8, 2010

Hi Brian,

No, you'd still need to build a number of features to have that all work together. Email lists are something we have on our todo list, though.
interactivetools.com

By affinitymc - June 9, 2010

The Run.php script functions okay in Firefox, but in IE it tries to download the actual php file...and sometimes, but not always it succeeds. When it succeeds the file opens and provides the output/result. Is there some configuration I am missing?

Thanks!

Brian