Advanced Menu dynamic description missing

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 30, 2010   (RSS)

By keith_s - March 29, 2010

I just upgraded a CMSB installation to version 2.03. Everything seems OK, except that if I want to add a new section editor, the description for the "advanced menu types" is missing. I have a different site that uses version 2.01 and it works fine.

I've tried to troubleshoot it and I see in the lib/menus/database/addTable_functions.js file, the very last function should be handling this, but all I see is "..." where the description should be in the editor. No matter if I select anything or not, the description never appears.

Somewhere I ran across a reference to a bug fix for this, but can't locate it anymore.

Can you help me out please?

Re: [webgfx] Advanced Menu dynamic description missing

By Jason - March 29, 2010

Hi,

So, in CMS you see the menu options, just not the descriptions?
Do you see all of the descriptions in adTable_functions.js? Trying re-copying that file into the lib/menus/database/ folder. After that, clear your browser cache and try it again.

Let me know if you still get the same error.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Advanced Menu dynamic description missing

By keith_s - March 29, 2010

OK, just figured out a little bit more for you. I did what you suggested (reloading the file). Didn't have any effect. However, I tried it it Internet Explorer 8 and it works fine. It just doesn't work in FireFox 3.5.8.

Also, I think I found another minor issue. The General Settings page kept asking me for a Website Root Directory. After some investigation, I discovered that the variable "webRootDir" was not in the default settings.dat.php file at all. I created it and it works fine, but wanted to let you know in case it wasn't related to my upgrade.

Re: [Donna] Advanced Menu dynamic description missing

By keith_s - March 30, 2010

Thanks, Donna. That seemed to do it. I cleared the cache per your instructions, restarted Firefox and everything seems to be working just as it should. Thank you very much!!!