Few questions..

7 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 29, 2010   (RSS)

By jimbly2 - March 22, 2010

Greetings CMS Guru people,

I have a couple of questions for you:

Firstly, can I upload a PDF using the wysiwyg interface? I can't see how at the moment.

Second, my site will be accessed by lots of members who will edit their own pages - is there a way to get an email sent to the admin every time a user logs in and edits their page?

Lastly, I have pre-set up lots of members pages before launch as admin - but I need to now restrict the relevant members to their pages - is there an easy way to do that?

Thanks!

Jim

Re: [jimbly2] Few questions..

By gkornbluth - March 22, 2010 - edited: March 22, 2010

Hi Jim,

The only one of your questions that I can answer easily is about changing user account restrictions.

It's really easy.

Go to user accounts

uncheck the admin access box.

Change the section access to by section.

Specify which section they need access to and change the permission to "author"

That way they can only access the sections you specify and only see the records that they authored.

If you have a bunch of records that were authored by you, as Admin you can easily change their "author" to the appropriate user by

modifying that record and clicking on the created by "change" link at the top of the record.

You might also want to create a last name and first name field in your user accounts section and change the ListPage Fields that are displayed and the sort to last_name, first_name. That will make it a bit easier to keep track of your users.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [Toledoh] Few questions..

By jimbly2 - March 24, 2010

Thanks Jerry and Tim - much appreciated - will try that plugin - sounds perfect! I think I understand how to upload pdfs now too - not sure how to create the pdf icon for download link tho?

Jim

Re: [Jason] Few questions..

By jimbly2 - March 29, 2010

Thanks Jason - I figured it out with your help :-)

Re: [jimbly2] Few questions..

By Jason - March 29, 2010

Good to hear. Let me know if you need anything else.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/