upgraded to 2.03 + unable to use "paste as text" or "paste from word"

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 24, 2010   (RSS)

By Deborah - March 24, 2010

I upgraded a customer installation from 1.31 to 2.03. Using IE8 and Firefox 3.6 on my local machine, as well as with remote access on Safari 4.04 on Mac, I'm unable to paste. The dialog popup box pops up, I paste text into it, the pasted text appears in the box. Clicking "insert" removes the text from the dialog box and leaves the editor window blank.

I have not modified the wysiwyg.php file.

Any ideas as to what I should check for?

Thanks in advance.
Deborah

Re: [Deborah] upgraded to 2.03 + unable to use "paste as text" or "paste from word"

By Dave - March 24, 2010

Hi Deborah,

Can you try refreshing the page in your browser and/or clearing your cache and let me know if the issue persists?

Sometimes after an upgrade the browser caching the old javascript files for a little while.

Let me know what happens.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] upgraded to 2.03 + unable to use "paste as text" or "paste from word"

By Deborah - March 24, 2010

I have logged in/out, refreshed the page, cleared cache, but no success. In this situation, it's probaby not a cache issue, because when I accessed the editor with the remote VNC viewer of Mac/Safari and the remote XP/Google Chrome, I can't paste with those, either. (But I can paste into other installations of CMSB using the same browsers with remote service.)

Hmmmm... I'll try a clean install on the same server and see what happens.

Re: [Deborah] upgraded to 2.03 + unable to use "paste as text" or "paste from word"

By Dave - March 24, 2010

Or feel free to email CMS & FTP login details (and a link to this thread) to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look.

Note: Email, don't post login details to the forum.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] upgraded to 2.03 + unable to use "paste as text" or "paste from word"

By Jason - March 24, 2010

Hi,

The issue here was with cache files that are created by the wysiwyg editor. Sometimes when you upgrade, these files don't get changed. They are located in the data folder in your cms admin folder. They are .zip files that begin with tiny_mce_. You can just delete these. The next time you use the editor, it will automatically create a new one

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/