Membership Plug-in

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: March 8, 2010   (RSS)

By Toledoh - March 7, 2010

Me again...

Please have a look at the login process on my in-complete demo site;

http://www.forrest.id.au/test/index.php

I currently have both the Members Login code, and the Registration code on each page. It's about 90% functional.

I also have the code I use to submit comments (for blogs etc) on each page. Which is working fine.

My concerns are:
1. The errors being generated by websiteMembership.php are not being shown... such as "Please enter a username!" etc. However the errors from the comments and registration process are. I expect this is because the code for the login is actually in a separate file, whereas the others are within the current page. Is there any way I can pull the error process out of the plugins folder, and build it into the actual page? I've attached my include file that goes on each page.

2. If you login, the panel content changes to display pertinent information for the CURRENT USER. I want to add in the edit profile page code, the reminder, the unsubscribe etc. However, this is going to end up causing many conflicts, and I'm wondering if it's worth persueing.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
Attachments:

_insertsitewidecode.php 6K

Re: [Toledoh] Membership Plug-in

By Dave - March 8, 2010

Hi Tim,

Do you have some code like this to display login errors?
<?php if (@$errorsAndAlerts): ?>
<div style="color: #C00; font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; font-family: arial;"><br/>
<?php echo $errorsAndAlerts; ?><br/>
</div>
<?php endif ?>

Next, you need a line like this to set them for the login form:
$errorsAndAlerts = alert();

You could try:

<?php if (!@$errorsAndAlerts) { $errorsAndAlerts = alert(); } ?>
<?php if (@$errorsAndAlerts): ?>
<div style="color: #C00; font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; font-family: arial;"><br/>
<?php echo $errorsAndAlerts; ?><br/>
</div>
<?php endif ?>

Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Membership Plug-in

By Toledoh - March 8, 2010

That seems to work Dave... Brilliant!

Cheers,
Tim
Cheers,