Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video! [UPDATED]

30 posts by 10 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 23, 2010   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Codee - February 11, 2010

Dave, I'm going to make a new posting as this thread I started probably shouldn't stay under "beta 2.03 video". It's an issue that has plagued me and I see it plaguing in the future. I'll start the new thread subject with "Plaguing Issue". Thanks.
  • Archived  

By jtedescojam - February 11, 2010

What's an example of a section and fields that you'd be entering? Would it work like the quick-add field feature in the field editor?

Yes! "Quick-Add" would be great.. without having to go through all the steps necessary to make 1 entry.

For example.. setting up a "faculty" list page with 100 faculty members, it would be very helpful.
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics
  • Archived  

By pothompson - February 12, 2010

The related records feature is great, it's going to make a lot more sense to people than having to have two menu options one for a single and another for a multi record type.

I've just set this up for staff page, to have a section for the 'intro' text and then related records for staff members. When I modify one of the staff members and save, it takes me back to the section editor for staff members, not the staff intro section with related records in. Is this a set-up problem that I've missed?

Thanks.

Re: [pothompson] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

By InHouse - February 12, 2010

Dave,

Great work as ever. Can't tell you how excited I am about a the field descriptors in particular. Just a small thing but it will really enhance the user experience for my clients.

The screen capture video was a tremendous help also. I'd encourage you to continue this practice as new features are added. The visuals combined with your explanations and light case-use context really helps duffers like myself.

Kudos once again!

Jayme

Re: [pothompson] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

By Dave - February 15, 2010

Hi pothompson,

>When I modify one of the staff members and save, it
>takes me back to the section editor for staff members,
>not the staff intro section with related records in.

I'll add a feature to the next beta release to redirect back to the original edit page after modifying a record.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By Dave - February 15, 2010

One of the great things about the way CMSB is built is it makes things possible we didn't even imagine.

We were talking internally and realized these new features would make it easy to:

- Make a "Toggle Checkboxes" plugin so that when you viewed a "hidden" checkbox in the section list you could click the displayed text "hidden or visible" from there to toggle the value instead of having to click modify, then edit, then save.

- The related records would also be great for showing comments on an article for when we make a comments plugin (no ETA on that yet).
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By GraphicLingoes - February 18, 2010

[font "Calibri"]Hi CMSB Team,[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]When I transferred my CMSB installation from my stage environment to the production environment I lost the footer text that says how long the query took (ex: 0.07 seconds). Any idea why this would have happened?[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]Here’s what I did to transfer from stage to production:[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]1. [font "Calibri"]Created a backup of cmsAdmin then used the phpmyadmin console provided by my stage host server to export the SQL for my database. Save that to a txt file.[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]2. [font "Calibri"]Created a new mysql database on my production host server then used the phpmyadmin console on that server to re-create the stage tables and data. To do this I copied and pasted the SQL from the txt file into the SQL console in phpmyadmin and ran the script. Every appeared to go smoothly.[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]3. [font "Calibri"]Updated the username, password and host in the cmsb settings file and uploaded the cmsAdmin directory to the production server.[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]When I did this I was using v2.02 and just upgraded to v2.03 yesterday. I do not know if the query time was in the footer when I made the transfer, didn’t pay attention. Just noticed it today because I was working in another site that use CMSB and saw it there.

[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]Thanks for your help,
Mike
[/#000000]

Graphic Lingoes
www.graphiclingoes.com
  • Archived  

By GraphicLingoes - February 18, 2010

BINGO!

Thanks Dave.

Mike
Graphic Lingoes
www.graphiclingoes.com
  • Archived  

By Toledoh - February 18, 2010 - edited: February 18, 2010

Hi Dave,

Just FYI. I've added a comments section to my latest project.

Basically;
1. Displays "add a comment" if you're logged in
2. Displays "register here" link if not logged in
3. Adds a comment based on the current record number.
4. Displays comments for current record
5. Displays highlighted comment if comment made by admin.

It's a bit of extra work to apply this to multiple section (currently just "news" items). I'm guessing that it would be a fairly easy transition with the new related records feature?

I've attached the php file, and it can be seen in action here: http://www.fractionfacts.com.au/newsDetails.php?Fraction-Facts-of-the-Week-17

Cheers,
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
Attachments:

newsdetails.php 6K