Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video! [UPDATED]

30 posts by 10 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 23, 2010   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Codee - February 11, 2010

Dave, I'm going to make a new posting as this thread I started probably shouldn't stay under "beta 2.03 video". It's an issue that has plagued me and I see it plaguing in the future. I'll start the new thread subject with "Plaguing Issue". Thanks.
  • Archived  

By jtedescojam - February 11, 2010

What's an example of a section and fields that you'd be entering? Would it work like the quick-add field feature in the field editor?

Yes! "Quick-Add" would be great.. without having to go through all the steps necessary to make 1 entry.

For example.. setting up a "faculty" list page with 100 faculty members, it would be very helpful.
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics
  • Archived  

By pothompson - February 12, 2010

The related records feature is great, it's going to make a lot more sense to people than having to have two menu options one for a single and another for a multi record type.

I've just set this up for staff page, to have a section for the 'intro' text and then related records for staff members. When I modify one of the staff members and save, it takes me back to the section editor for staff members, not the staff intro section with related records in. Is this a set-up problem that I've missed?

Thanks.

Re: [pothompson] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

By InHouse - February 12, 2010

Dave,

Great work as ever. Can't tell you how excited I am about a the field descriptors in particular. Just a small thing but it will really enhance the user experience for my clients.

The screen capture video was a tremendous help also. I'd encourage you to continue this practice as new features are added. The visuals combined with your explanations and light case-use context really helps duffers like myself.

Kudos once again!

Jayme

Re: [pothompson] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

By Dave - February 15, 2010

Hi pothompson,

>When I modify one of the staff members and save, it
>takes me back to the section editor for staff members,
>not the staff intro section with related records in.

I'll add a feature to the next beta release to redirect back to the original edit page after modifying a record.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By GraphicLingoes - February 18, 2010

[font "Calibri"]Hi CMSB Team,[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]When I transferred my CMSB installation from my stage environment to the production environment I lost the footer text that says how long the query took (ex: 0.07 seconds). Any idea why this would have happened?[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]Here’s what I did to transfer from stage to production:[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]1. [font "Calibri"]Created a backup of cmsAdmin then used the phpmyadmin console provided by my stage host server to export the SQL for my database. Save that to a txt file.[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]2. [font "Calibri"]Created a new mysql database on my production host server then used the phpmyadmin console on that server to re-create the stage tables and data. To do this I copied and pasted the SQL from the txt file into the SQL console in phpmyadmin and ran the script. Every appeared to go smoothly.[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]3. [font "Calibri"]Updated the username, password and host in the cmsb settings file and uploaded the cmsAdmin directory to the production server.[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]When I did this I was using v2.02 and just upgraded to v2.03 yesterday. I do not know if the query time was in the footer when I made the transfer, didn’t pay attention. Just noticed it today because I was working in another site that use CMSB and saw it there.

[/#000000]

[font "Calibri"]Thanks for your help,
Mike
[/#000000]

Graphic Lingoes
www.graphiclingoes.com

Re: [GraphicLingoes] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

By Dave - February 18, 2010

If you have the MySQL Console plugin try de-activating it or upgrading it to v1.01 (the latest). It had a bug in 1.00 that made the execute seconds on the bottom not display.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
  • Archived  

By GraphicLingoes - February 18, 2010

BINGO!

Thanks Dave.

Mike
Graphic Lingoes
www.graphiclingoes.com
  • Archived  

By Toledoh - February 18, 2010 - edited: February 18, 2010

Hi Dave,

Just FYI. I've added a comments section to my latest project.

Basically;
1. Displays "add a comment" if you're logged in
2. Displays "register here" link if not logged in
3. Adds a comment based on the current record number.
4. Displays comments for current record
5. Displays highlighted comment if comment made by admin.

It's a bit of extra work to apply this to multiple section (currently just "news" items). I'm guessing that it would be a fairly easy transition with the new related records feature?

I've attached the php file, and it can be seen in action here: http://www.fractionfacts.com.au/newsDetails.php?Fraction-Facts-of-the-Week-17

Cheers,
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)
Attachments:

newsdetails.php 6K