Sharing 1 CMS install over 2 domains?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 30, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [aquaman] Sharing 1 CMS install over 2 domains?

By gkornbluth - January 30, 2010

Hi Jan,

I don't think that there would be need for any custom programming. Except for the editors, fields and viewers that might need to be created for the second site there's no difference in the 2 scenarios.

It's no different then any other (set of) page(s) on a site. Different viewers pulling information from tables in the same database.

The only question is the licensing requirement (one site vs. two) and for that you'll need to e-mail or call Interactive Tools for a ruling. There was a similar question in a recent post and that was what they suggested.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Sharing 1 CMS install over 2 domains?

By theclicklab - January 30, 2010

Hi Jerry,

I guess I just stick my modified templates in the new site directory and make sure the file names are the same for the viewer url's.

I have no probs with getting a second license if required for this scenario. Will see what IT have to say.

Many thanks,
Jan

BTW... thanks for putting together your cms cookbook, it has been a useful resource for the last few sites I have had to build.