My First CMSB site

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 14, 2010   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Maurice - January 13, 2010

Hi alle and ITT team,

Finaly build my first site with CMSB and I must say great work ITT team.

But there are many BUTS and tips i would like to suggest but before I start is there a road map on what you are going to build what we can aspect and may be your vision on CMSB.

Like any professional organization it is only logic to communicate this.

nice would also be a wish list where we can add stuff. with ideas and also a nice learning blog on how to use or enhance CMSB.

Maurice

Great work with CMSB we love it for small fast sites we have to build.
-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl

Re: [Maurice] My First CMSB site

• Archived  

By Dave - January 14, 2010

Hi Maurice,

Nice to hear from you! :)

Our major goals for CMSB are to be able to build sites quickly, and to make things easy.

Quickly means you make more money, and easy means you don't need to have expert programmers on staff.

We have a long list of features planned, but as Jerry said releases are really driven by what people are asking for at the time. And we favor features we can release within 2-4 weeks over features that will take 6 months. For larger features we try to build them incrementally.

The best way to learn is to just build a few sites, and post any challenges you have to the forum. We're more than happy to help. And as you've probably already found, CMSB is pretty fun to use.

Feel free to post any feature requests to the forum or email me direct at dave@interactivetools.com. We can't promise to add every feature, but every suggestion makes an impact. When multiple people are requesting the same thing we know it's usually more important.

Also, we can also build custom features through consulting if needed. So if you have a paying project and you're just missing one part that can often make sense.

The next few releases are focused on:
- Multiple file uploads (using a flash upload component like gmail)
- Advanced preview functionality

You can also join our beta list by emailing me direct and asking and you'll have to opportunity to try the new version before they are released and find out what is coming ahead of time. Anyone who wants to get on the beta list and isn't already feel free to email me at dave@interactivetools.com.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] My First CMSB site

• Archived  

By Maurice - January 14, 2010

Hi Dave,

we build www.jongmkbmn.nl in les than 2 days This included learning CMSB,

I agree on most part but like with articlemanager you keep forgeting the end user. the person that hase to put in content every day thats for us the most important thing we can build sites with most cmsystems in no time that aint the problem.

the problem is often the backend that hase no logic for the end user.

posting a request for a feature dos not mean it will be in the next release, we will have to wait on your majesty's grace when a feature wil be added.

and the consulting mmmmm i still have some Q's on that.

Also, we can also build custom features through consulting if needed. So if you have a paying project and you're just missing one part that can often make sense.

but what we asked a slider and some jquery but you can't build it and gave us the problem back so the consulting is only on very low html level.

we needed ITT to be a extension of us not us to be a extension of you.

- Multiple file uploads (using a flash upload component like gmail)
- Advanced preview functionality

and hoe needs a multiple file upload unless CMSB is going to be a image gallery.

and the ADVANCED preview is a overkill cause as a developer or a content manager you always want to see your end result live cause thats the only thing a user trust

this dos not take away that CMSB is GREAT but still has a long way to go we love it and we are loyal to ITT but we do get the feeling it's become a one way.

Greetz Maurice

Dropmonkey.nl

• Archived  

By Dave - January 14, 2010

Maurice,

Thanks for your constructive criticism. I think your posts are becoming my favorite! :)

>and hoe needs a multiple file upload unless CMSB is going to be a image gallery.

Try uploading two images one after another out of a folder with 1000 photos named DSC3892.jpg, DSC2934.jpg. It's hard to know where you were when you need to start over each time. Much easier to just select two to upload at once.

And some people do use CMSB for an image gallery too! :)

>(re: preview) you always want to see your end result live cause thats the only thing a user trust

Yea, it will be a "live preview" like Artman2 has.

What features do you think we should be adding?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Maurice - January 14, 2010

Hi dave,

you don't have to comment we go way back so you know i like to keep you sharp.

sorry for giving you a hard time lol

I know CMSB will become more successful tha AM did and we wil help you.

Maurice

Dropmonkey.nl