New Install - WYSIWYG Editor Not Showing

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 11, 2010   (RSS)

By theclicklab - January 9, 2010

Hi there,

I have a new install of CMS builder and I can't get the WYSIWYG Editor to display in the admin in either firefox or IE. I've tried uploading the tiny_mce directory again but has not fixed it.

I'm getting the following javascript errors:

illegal character
admin.php()admin.php (line 250)

tinyMCE is not defined
[Break on this error] tinyMCE.init({\n

I had a look back through the archives and couldn't find anything that worked.

Suggestions?

Many thanks
Jan

Re: [aquaman] New Install - WYSIWYG Editor Not Showing

By Dave - January 10, 2010

Hi Jan,

It's been a while since we've seen any wysiwyg errors so I'm not sure. Can you send me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com so I can take a look? Thanks!

Note: Email, don't post login details to the forum.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Dave - January 10, 2010

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the report. it should be working now. Can you test it again (clear your browser cache if needed) and let me know if there are any more problems?

Here's the technical details:

It turns out that this server is configured to compress (gzip) all output so it gets transferred faster to the browser. The wysiwyg already compresses it output for speed so it was getting double encoded which made the code not work.

I've added these lines to /cmsAdmin/3rdParty/tiny_mce/tiny_mce_gzip.php to detect this configuration and workaround it:
// - disable compression if output_handler is set to ob_gzhandler (caused double compression and wysiwyg won't work)
if (ini_get('output_handler') == 'ob_gzhandler') { $_GET['compress'] = 'false'; }

I'll add this to the next version so you don't need to re-apply those changes when you upgrade.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else. :)
interactivetools.com

By Dave - January 11, 2010

No problem, let us know if you need anything else. :)
interactivetools.com