cms builder

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 28, 2009   (RSS)

By Maurice - December 26, 2009

Hi all,

IT team,

i have been a article manager and Interactivetools fan for many years but it seem to look IT is going backwards instead of looking to the future look at the backensd of cms builder looks like a cheap joomlatemplate ripoff http://www.joomlabamboo.com/joomla-templates/ then your site and the way you communicate looks like IT is very desperate and whats the deal on tables in your site???? whaaaaaa get a grip.

but we want to give the cmsbuilder a try but i have two questions first.

A. can we change the backend??? is mega ugly
B. can we have unlimited sub categories and more than 3 levels?
C. can we build out own addons???

with kind regards
Still big Fan
Maurice Kuhr
-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl

Re: [Maurice] cms builder

By Dave - December 27, 2009

Hi Maurice, nice to hear from you! :)

>the backensd of cms builder looks like a cheap joomlatemplate ripoff

It's not a ripoff, it's actually an exact copy (but not related to Joomla at all). "Simpla Admin" is a generic admin theme we licensed for the CMS. It saves us time and money to spend on CMS features instead of re-inventing design and it gives out private label resellers honest deniability if a client see's a competing private labeled CMS that "looks the same". Whenever possible we license or build on top of existing technology so we spend our efforts on features that are going to really make a difference for our customers.

>whats the deal on tables in your site?

Our speciality is kick-ass CMS tools, not CSS. Using some tables on our site saved us some time that we spent on other things that mattered more to us. There's some tables in the CMS admin code as well, and it all validates.

>A. can we change the backend??? is mega ugly

Yes, there's CSS files under /cmsAdmin/3rdParty/SimplaAdmin/css/. And if you have any suggested changes that would work with the existing design and make it easier to change those would be welcome.

>B. can we have unlimited sub categories and more than 3 levels?

Yes, there is a category section type that supports this.

>C. can we build out own addons???

Yes, there'a a plugin system modeled after wordpress. It's still evolving but already very powerful. You can have a look at some of the included plugins for examples.

CMSB is very different than AM2 and you'll probably notice some things "missing" or different from what you are used to, but it most ways it's a lot more powerful. The main reason we've switched is because it's much faster to develop with (we can build CMS sites in half the time).

And if there's some things we can add in the next few versions that would make it easier for AM2 switchers such as yourself I'd be open to doing that. Feel free to email me directly at dave@interactivetools.com with any feedback or suggestions.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com