By Dave - December 11, 2009 - edited: December 14, 2009

Hi everyone,

We have our first beta of v2.01 ready with a few new features:
- Date field enhancements
- Wordpress compatibility
- XHTML validation for all pages.

Here's the changelog:

NEW FEATURES
- Date Fields: Default date field values can now be: blank, current date, specified date, or values such as "+2 weeks" or "next Thursday"
- Date Fields: Short month names used in date pulldowns can now be updated in the language files in /lib/languages/
- Viewer Functions: Added advanced option 'addSelectExpr' for generating pseudo-fields or calculated values

MINOR CHANGES
- Install: Admin Email is automatically saved as the program "Admin Email" under general settings so you don't have to enter it twice
- Compatibility: Updated code to prevent conflicts with WordPress and to allow side by side installations (for advanced users)
- Admin Field: Added new required field for "Website Root Directory"
- Standards: All pages now validate as standard xhtml.

BUG FIXES
- Compatibility: Added workaround for issue where a trailing separator in php.ini's include_path caused header/footer includes not to load
- Error Checking: Tablenames starting with a number can no longer be created (caused errors in the code generator)
- Misc Code and other minor improvements

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) please email me at dave@interactivetools.com and I'll add you to the list.

I'll be sending a download link to the list shortly. And if you have any questions, suggestions, etc feel free to post!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Notice: CMSB v2.01 Beta 1: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

By Djulia - December 11, 2009

Hi Dave,

The option for Select / Unselect all the checkboxs on the left of Order in the section is removed ?

There is a solution to add it again ?

Thanks, Djulia

Re: [Djulia] Notice: CMSB v2.01 Beta 1: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

By Dave - December 11, 2009

Thanks, that's a bug. Let me know if you need a code fix right away, otherwise it's fixed for the next beta.

Thanks!
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Djulia - December 11, 2009

I can await the following version. I only test.

Thanks !

• Archived  

By Deborah - December 11, 2009

Dave, I'm happy to see the new default date field values feature, which works well for me in my beta testing.

Can you provide an example of when/how this new feature would be used?
"- Viewer Functions: Added advanced option 'addSelectExpr' for generating pseudo-fields or calculated values "
I'm not as advanced in PHP/MySQL as many others who visit this forum, but am continually learning and would like to understand the possiblities this feature provides.

Thanks.
Deborah

• Archived  

By (Deleted User) - December 13, 2009

Hi Dave, i was wondering if you were planning on implementing a jQuery plugin for the upload field.

A plugin such as uploadify (Link: http://www.uploadify.com/) or something similar would really great?

Cheers.

Re: [LeQueb] Notice: CMSB v2.01 Beta 1: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

By Dave - December 13, 2009

Hi LeQueb,

Yes we are actually working on something for that right now and it may be the focus of our 2.02 beta.

We were working with http://swfupload.org/ but I'll check out uploadify.com as well as it looks interesting.

Thanks for the suggestion and link! :)
interactivetools.com

Re: [Deborah] Notice: CMSB v2.01 Beta 1: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

Hi Deborah,

>an you provide an example of when/how this new feature (addSelectExpr) would be used?
It's for pretty advanced MySQL. So likely it would be used by us or when we post a snippet to help someone in the forum.

What it does is insert the addSelectExpr value into a SELECT query here:
SELECT *, addSelectExpr FROM tablename

So if you had:
'addSelectExpr' => ' NOW() as _currentDate ',

It would add a field _currentDate to your $records like $records['_currentDate']. That's because NOW() is a mysql function: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/date-and-time-functions.html#function_now

Usually you'd use that when you had lots and lots of records and you wanted to sort them on a calculated value. Some examples of this that I'm working on now are a custom search engine that returns records based on a "match score" from 0-100 that is calculated, and a distance search that returns results based on distance from the searching users location and displayed that distance as well.

Some of the MySQL for this can be very complicated (see: http://www.zcentric.com/blog/2007/03/calculate_distance_in_mysql_wi.html ) but as we do it more and more ourselves we'll work on ways to make it simpler and build it into the software or plugins.

If you have say 10,000 or more records you need to do these calculations and the sorting in the database because it's not possible to do it in the application without loading all the records and that takes too much memory.

The main reason I added it was because I needed it for a custom project I was working on myself.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you want any more details. :)
interactivetools.com

Re: [gkornbluth] Notice: CMSB v2.01 Beta 1: Signup & Feedback thread

• Archived  

Hi Jerry,

>So far, when creating or modifying a User Account I get this error:

Thanks for the report! I've fixed that for the next beta.
interactivetools.com