Entering multiple records at once

4 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 30, 2009   (RSS)

By keith_s - November 27, 2009

I have set up a section editor that allows rows of data to be entered with each row containing about 10 columns (or fields). This is numerical data for a client.

The section editor is a multi-record type. The issue that I've run into is that when entering records, only 1 record can be entered at a time. This, of course, is not normally a problem since it is the standard way of entering data manually. Each record can be thought of as simply a row of numerical data in different columns. Is there any way possible to enter several new records ("rows") at once before "saving", like, for instance, MS Excel would allow you to do?

It would really save my client quite a bit of time entering data, but I think what I'm wanting to do is not possible realistically, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Keith D Sellars
WebGraffix Media Solutions, LLC
http://www.webgraffix.com

Re: [webgfx] Entering multiple records at once

By Donna - November 27, 2009

Hi Keith,

Is it all the same information going into the field? Would setting a default value for those fields work?
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [gkornbluth] Entering multiple records at once

By Chris - November 30, 2009 - edited: November 30, 2009

Editing data in a grid isn't really something that's supported by the software, but it is something that we could custom program for you. Please let me know if you're interested in that.

Jerry's solution may work for you, if you are able to get your client to follow a more complicated workflow. An alternative to Navicat would be the free phpmyadmin, which will allow you to edit your data in a grid view (they call this feature "Browse".) phpmyadmin is quite popular and may already be installed on your server. You can ask your web hosting company how to get access to it.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris