CMS javascript pop-ups r just empty white boxes

8 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 24, 2009   (RSS)

By rez - November 20, 2009 - edited: November 20, 2009

Hmmm. I checked my permissions and javascript is turned on. I also have the latest java. (i dont know what technologies are actually relevant).

But when go into and editor and press a button (paste as text, HTML) in the wysiwyg editor, an empty white pop-up appears that I can drag around and my screen is dimmed.

I have successfully added content last week on this new installation. Since then, I have deleted the CMS builder presets in the schema presets folder and also deleted some by accident in the process. I think from the the regular schema folder as well. But from dreamweaver, i re-uploaded the originals and checked permissions. I'll double check that all the right files are in these folders again but it doesnt seem relevant. ?

I can't think of any other changes i made. I have limited the buttons shown in the wysiwyg editor but it was working fine before.

I clicked "add new editor" to test another lightbox type pop-up and that screen pops up fine.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Re: [rez] CMS javascript pop-ups r just empty white boxes

By rez - November 20, 2009 - edited: November 20, 2009

It looks like this is particular to the tinymce buttons, paste text, word, html and links (the only buttons i have in my cutom setup that tries to pop windows open). The rest of tinymce editor works ok.

I also just checked another installation of CMS builder and the same thing is happening on a different site. This tells me its a browser issue. For some reasons the other lightbox type pop-ups work in CMS Builder as mentioned. Maybe that is a clue for help?

I didn't intend to post here every step of the way in my troubleshooting but thought this was some CMS builder specific thing at first. I'm open to any resolution ideas.. still troubleshooting.

Re: [Luke] CMS javascript pop-ups r just empty white boxes

By rez - November 21, 2009

I'm using the latest Firefox. The same thing happens when trying IE8.

By rez - November 21, 2009 - edited: November 21, 2009

The problem is a feature called, "anti banner" in Kaspersky Internet security which I installed a week+ ago. When you toggle this feature, you have to clear your cache to see results. Kaspersky must install a plug-in in the browser for this. I don't know exactly how it works... or doesn't... but I'm leaving it off and have no desire to research it further right now (it's more than a pop-up blocker and affects certain active content?).

I hope this helps someone in the future.

By rez - November 21, 2009 - edited: November 22, 2009

Ok, well this is KIND of relevant at this point. I was watching Hulu and the ads are back. No wonder the ads/commercials havent been working. Somehow, the banner blocker knows it's an ad. A 30 second countdown timer appears instead.

Anyway, so watch out for this thing while developing.

By Luke - November 24, 2009

Hi rez,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll make a note of it and pass it on to the developers.

Cheers,
Luke
Luke Holzken
Product Development

Re: [Luke] CMS javascript pop-ups r just empty white boxes

By rez - November 24, 2009

Oh, well I just meant a "heads up" to other users/developers but cool. :)