CMS install

By k4tlove - November 11, 2009

I recently purchased Instant Realty and am now wanting to add it to my site. I use GoDaddy for hosting on a deluxe hosting site and I have 3 domains on that site.

1. First off I have set up a folder for my new real estate domain however I have not set up the domain name for that folder as yet because I want to get everything upladed and working first as this Real Estate site is currently live on another hosting account. Is that a problem? If it is I will give it another domain name I am currently not using and then change the domain name to the Real Estate domain name when I go live, (I expect that will not create any problems with my database)?

2. I created the folder /cmsAdmin in the rootfolder of what is going to be my Real Estate account which is located below the root folder for another domain, is that a problem?

3. Do I have to go through the GoDaddy Hosting control and set up a mysql database?

4. When I log on to mysite.com/new realtywebsite/cmsAdmin/adminphp I get the following:

Warning: scandir(D:/Hosting/4901116/html/Realtywebsite/cmsAdmin/data): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Warning: scandir(): (errno 2): No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Warning: scandir(D:/Hosting/4901116/html/Realtywebsite/cmsAdmin/data/schema): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Warning: scandir(): (errno 2): No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Warning: scandir(D:/Hosting/4901116/html/Realtywebsite/cmsAdmin/data/schemaPresets): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Warning: scandir(): (errno 2): No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\Hosting\4901116\html\Realtywebsite\cmsAdmin\lib\common.php on line 664 Error: Couldn't find ini file 'D:/Hosting/4901116/html/Realtywebsite/cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php'

Re: [k4tlove] CMS install

By Dave - November 11, 2009

Hi k4tlove,

>1. It's easier/better if you have a domain for it. But as long as the path from the domain root is the same you are fine. If you have one url like this: example.com/cmsAdmin/uploads/ and one url like this 1.2.3.4/~example.com/cmsAdmin/uploads/ the image paths won't work when you switch because there isn't a possible path that would work on both urls.

>2. See above. If you need more details post example urls so I can make sure I understand what you are talking about.

>3. Probably best to ask godaddy to be sure but typically the answer would be yes.

>4. That's very strange. Did you upload a directory under /cmsAdmin/ called /data/ and does it exist?

Hope that helps! Let me know any other questions or more details about these issues.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS install

By k4tlove - November 11, 2009

Thanks much for the fast reply, I'm impressed!!

I am going to change the way my deluxe hosting account is set up and put this realestate website at the top and give it a test domain name for right now. Then when I am ready to roll it out I can just change the domain name. That should work, right?