navigation modification to display list and detail pages within dropdown

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 10, 2009   (RSS)

By drewh01 - November 6, 2009

This is in regards to adayinthewest.com.

I needed to re-work the "Groups & Events" section to display in a similar way that the "Tours" section appears in the nav. I am 90% there.....

This link here takes you to the test area that I am working with:

http://adayinthewest.com/groups_events2.php

I was able to get everything to work just fine, but if you click on the "Groups & Events" main nav item page - "Custom Private Tours, Weddings on the Rocks or Photographic Tours" is missing in the content area. It only shows the Group Tours. How can I get the other content to appear on that page?

The content is also missing on the individual single pages. For example, see the Weddings page:

http://adayinthewest.com/groups_events2_list.php?category_title=Weddings+on+the+Rocks

I guess this is because it is using the list view file and not the detail view file.

How can I edit the nav (or whatever) so it uses the detail view for single pages if they do not have a subnav?

Below is a section from my top-nav2.php file:

----------------------

<li> <a href="/groups_events2.php">GROUPS & EVENTS</a>
<ul>
<?php
list($categoryRecords, $selectedCategory) = getCategories(array(
'tableName' => 'groups_events2',
'selectedCategoryNum' => '', // defaults to getNumberFromEndOfUrl()
'categoryFormat' => 'showall', // showall, onelevel, twolevel
));
?>
<?php foreach ($categoryRecords as $categoryRecord): ?>
<?php
if ($categoryRecord['depth'] == 0) {
$categoryRecord['_link'] = "groups_events2_list.php?category_title=" . urlencode($categoryRecord['category_title']);
}
?>

<?php echo $categoryRecord['_listItemStart'] ?>
<a href="<?php echo $categoryRecord['_link'] ?>"><?php echo $categoryRecord['name'] ?></a>
<?php echo $categoryRecord['_listItemEnd'] ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>

</ul>
</li>

-----------------------------

Hope this makes sense!

Re: [drewh01] navigation modification to display list and detail pages within dropdown

By drewh01 - November 10, 2009

hello?