URGENT** changed upload directory

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 6, 2009   (RSS)

By jtedescojam - November 6, 2009

2 things. 1. After building the site, I changed the directory of the cmsAdmin and now all the photographs are missing. They're still trying to call it up from the old directory.. and the general settings didn't need to be changed because it was already /cmsAdmin/uploads. Please help.. it's lik eit needs to be reset or something.

Other thing... How would I go about changing the Program Directory without a problem?
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics

Re: [Luke] URGENT** changed upload directory

By jtedescojam - November 6, 2009

the old images are not being displayed.. when I check where the website sees them it's checking in the old directory. Just seems like the code needs to be updated.

For example... when we started uploading all the info the files were at:
http://www.website.com/jt/cmsAdmin/uploads

Now, we've pulled away that JT directory and the uploads should be at:
http://www.website.com/cmsAdmin/uploads

Except the website is still referring to the old URL. But the general settings haven't changed.
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics

Re: [jtedescojam] URGENT** changed upload directory

By Luke - November 6, 2009

Hi jtedescojam,

Thank you for clarifying things.

Every time you upload an image the images path is saved to the database. Your website will continue to look for your old images in /jt/cmsAdmin/uploads folder because this is the path that was saved to the database when you first uploaded the image.

There are three possible solutions to this:

1. Create a folder named /jt/cmsAdmin/uploads and move all of your old uploaded images to there. Also, if you haven't uploaded any new photos you might want to keep the Upload Directory and Upload Folder URL pointing towards /jt/cmsAdmin/uploads just so all of your old and new images are in the same place.

2. If you don't have that many records with image/file uploads you can go through the process of editing your records through CMS Builder and reuploading your images to the new /cmsAdmin/uploads directory.

3. You can manually modify the path for each of your records in the database from /jt/cmsAdmin/uploads to /cmsAdmin/uploads. I recommend this option last because when working with your data the smallest mistake can have a serious undesired result. If you do want to attempt to update the paths manually by modifying your database let me know and I can explain what needs to be done, or if you want we can make these changes for you through our consulting service.

In the mean time, if you have any questions please let me know. :)
Luke Holzken
Product Development