Suddenly unable to log in

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 2, 2009   (RSS)

By Deborah - October 28, 2009

I have v1.32 on my own server that I use for demo purposes. Oddly, this morning I am unable to log in using any of the accounts I've created.

After submitting login credentials I'm taken back to the login screen again. No error message.

I am using the correct credentials (the password reminder email confirms this).

I've checked file permissions and all seems correct.

A client used the program two days ago to upload images, so I know it was working then.

What should I check into next?

Deborah

Re: [Deborah] Suddenly unable to log in

By Dave - October 28, 2009 - edited: October 28, 2009

Hi Deborah,

That's very unusual! Try clearing your browsers cache and cookies and trying again. If that doesn't work email me FTP and CMS login credentials to dave@interactivetools.com and I can debug it for you.

Note: Email, don't post login credentials to the forum.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Deborah] Suddenly unable to log in

By Perchpole - November 1, 2009

Hello, All -

I'd like to confirm another recent example of this when a client of mine was - suddenly - locked out of the admin area. I could login as the client using his data on my computer but he could not. I even created another identity for him and still he couldn't get past the login screen.

In the end (in desperation) I advised him to install Firefox. Problem solved!

:0)

Perchpole

Re: [Perchpole] Suddenly unable to log in

By Dave - November 2, 2009

Hi Perchpole,

Thanks for the report.

Is there anything you'd like us to do to assist with this? The only thing I can really think of is perhaps we could show an error message when cookies are disabled that suggested people check their security software.

Let me know if you need any more help with this case.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com