version 1.36 features

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 27, 2009   (RSS)

By Carrie - October 27, 2009

Hi there,

Our client has asked about backup and spellcheck features, and I noticed that in version 1.36 both these features are listed.

Before we upgrade them to this version, can you please let me if know if these two features work as expected, and do they require any additonal integration to get them working?

Thanks,

Carrie
Carrie
WebGenesis
www.webgenesis.com.au

Re: [Carrie] version 1.36 features

By Dave - October 27, 2009

Hi Carrie,

The backup feature in v1.36 is manually activated. Meaning you click a button in the admin and it creates a backup of your mysql database or restores a previous backup.

You can also get a plugin from the App Store called "Auto Backup" ($19.95 and you can use it on all your CMSB installs) that automatically creates backup "Snapshots" at intervals of the last 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 months (9 snapshots total) so can go back to a previous version if something goes wrong. http://www.interactivetools.com/appstore/detail.php?Auto-Backup-1003

The wysiwyg spellcheck is built right in and adds a new spellcheck button to the wysiwyg. It uses Google's spellcheck server and requires the following:
- The server to be able to connect to www.google.com
- One of these PHP extensions: curl or openssl
- An unmodified /lib/wysiwyg.php file.

Almost 99% of the time it just works. If your server doesn't have one of those common modules or has a restrictive firewall then you'll get a message when you click the spellcheck button. The spellcheck also requires you to actually click the button to activate it. And if you've previously created a custom wysiwyg file (/lib/wysiwyg_custom.php) you'll just need to copy the code for the spellcheck button over from /lib/wysiwyg.php.

So those are some very rare reasons why it might not work, but as I said it typically just works. If you run into any problems let us know, or if you'd like us to upgrade your CMSB for you we can do that as well.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com