Questions before purchase

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 22, 2009   (RSS)

By Active1965 - October 19, 2009

Hi

I am a great fan of interactive tools and the software they provide- I have used page publisher a few times, but would like to use CMS builder . I have 2 questions

[/#ff0000]

Question 1[/#ff0000]

My clients current website has 40 html pages with different names , eg home.html about.html services.html

My question is - Do I need to rename all these pages .php ?

Question 2[/#ff0000]

Is it possilbe to add navigation links - like my client has 10 navigation links on the left site of each web page, is it possible to add a page in admin and for this page to be part of the navigation links ?

Re: [GB39CA] Questions before purchase

By Damon - October 20, 2009

Hi GB,

Thanks for the post.

Question 1
My clients current website has 40 html pages with different names , eg home.html about.html services.html
My question is - Do I need to rename all these pages .php ?

No, you don't need to rename your html pages. Most servers allow you to add a customized .htaccess file that tells the server to look for and execute php within html pages. We can provide examples of the .htaccess file code.

Question 2
Is it possible to add navigation links - like my client has 10 navigation links on the left site of each web page, is it possible to add a page in admin and for this page to be part of the navigation links ?

Yes. You can setup a section within CMS Builder for Navigation. It can have one field for the navigation name (ex. Services) and another field for the URL it links to (ex. http://yoursite.com/services.html). You can also manually re-order your navigation from within CMS Builder using drag and drop.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [gkornbluth] Questions before purchase

By Active1965 - October 22, 2009

Sounds Good [:)]

I am outsourcing all my CMS stuff at the moment and its costing big bucks.

So this software is exactly what I require , so I can add modules if client wants them

Thanks