CMS questions

15 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 20, 2009   (RSS)

By greatjakes - July 10, 2009

[font "Calibri"]Hello, I have two questions –

[font "Calibri"]1) [font "Calibri"]I noticed that the text box input font style is different from the other ones. WYSYWYG and text field looks like it’s styled with verdana and text box field looks like it’s using courier. Is there a way to change this?

[font "Calibri"]2) [font "Calibri"]In Firefox, “paste as plain text” window pops up when I attempt to paste content into a WYSYWYG editor field. I went ahead and inserted text with “Keep line breaks” option checked. After text loads into the WYSYWYG editor field, I tried to delete some part of the text, but it wouldn’t let me delete the text without saving the record first. Is there a way to get around this?

[font "Calibri"]

[font "Calibri"] [font "Calibri"]thanks

Re: [greatjakes] CMS questions

By Damon - July 10, 2009

Hi,

You can control the look of the admin using CSS.

Try adding this to your /cmsAdmin/css/ui.css stylesheet:

#editForm textarea { font-size: 12px;
font-family: Arial;
}

Note that software upgrades often change admin templates and CSS so remember to make a note of your changes so you can re-apply after a future upgrade.

--------------

For your question about pasting plain text in the WYSIWYG editor, not being able to edit line breaks, delete text before saving. I wasn't able to recreate this. I was able to do all these things.

Can you let me know what version of CMS Builder you are running, what version of FireFox and what text you were using? Then I can try to recreate it.

Or send in login details (admin URL, username, password) to support@interactivetools.com so we can test your installation directly. Don't post any login details in the forum.
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] CMS questions

By greatjakes - July 10, 2009

thanks Damon, I added the CSS and that fixed the problem. As for the firefox issue, I was pasting html text from website. I have firefox 3.0 and CMS version 1.28.

Thanks again for all your help!

By Damon - July 10, 2009

Hi again,

Yes I was able to recreate the WYSIWYG issue in 1.28.
This issue was fixed in 1.29 so upgrading to the latest verison will solve the problem:
http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] CMS questions

By greatjakes - July 13, 2009

Thanks Damon,
I downloaded the newer version. We've already put in all the data on our site and would like avoid having to install the entire cms again. It it possible to upgrade just the WYSIWYG part?

Also, in WYSIWYG, when pasting in text using "Paste as Pain text" option, system doesn't take in the line breaks from the source. Is this a bug too or just how it's suppose to work?

Thanks

By InHouse - July 13, 2009

Great questions greatjakes!

1 - Updating CMSB should not affect any data that you have already entered. All the same, good practices demand that you back up both your database and the "old" copy of your cmsAdmin folder before doing any updates. Better safe than sorry. I've updated many CMSB sites over a dozen times each and have not had a data issue to date. (knocks on nearby wood)

2 - The Paste as Plain text will ignore all line breaks AND internal paragraphs if you tell it not to keep linebreaks. That's exactly what is being requested by the user. You'll just get a long string of text bounded by paragraph marks.

Selecting the "Keep Linebreaks" option will turn <br> breaks into paragraphs and existing paragraphs into double-paragraphs. This can be rather annoying for the user.

Example:
Original Code:
<p>lines with paragraph breaks</p>
<p>lines with paragarph breaks</p>
<p>lines with more paras</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>lines with linebreaks<br />
lines with linebreaks<br />
lines with more linebreaks</p>

with Keep Linebreaks becomes:
<p>lines with paragraph breaks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>lines with paragarph breaks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>lines with more paras</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>lines with linebreaks</p>
<p>lines with linebreaks</p>
<p>lines with more linebreaks</p>

By ross - July 13, 2009

Hi there.

Looks like I was beaten to the punch :). InHouse has it all covered there. Upgrading is a simple as dragging the new cmsAdmin folder to your server and that's it. Of course, make a backup of your MySQL database first just in case.

Also, that's how I would describe the plain text button too.

Keep us up to date with how you are making out :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] CMS questions

By greatjakes - July 14, 2009

hi, I installed the upgraded version of CMS. For some reason, "logout" link in the editor doesn't work. When I click on the link, instead of logout screen it pulls up an error page displaying "The page cannot be displayed. To attempt fixing network connectivity problems, click Tools, and then click "Diagnose Connection Problems..." "
Please let me know how I can fix this probem. Thanks again for all your help.

By ross - July 15, 2009 - edited: July 15, 2009

Hi there.

That will be something I need to take a closer look at. Could you send me an email through consulting@interactivetools.com with FTP details to your site and link to this post?

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/