CMS Builder or Instant Realty Website?

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 7, 2009   (RSS)

By AussieT - July 6, 2009 - edited: July 6, 2009

Hi

I am trying to decide which InteractiveTools product to use for my next project.

I want to cenvert a static HTML accommodation website into a dynamic website where clients can login and update/edit and upload there own listings.

I figure the choice is between CMS Builder and Instant Realty Website. Instant Realty Website would still need a lot of modifications to fit my requirements so it is not an out of the box solution for me.

Important[/#ff0000]: Members should only be making changes by filling in or editing simple pre-designed text fields as opposed to HTML WYSIWYG type editor fields. (in the demo version it seems that all pages have WYSIWYG editors but I assume this can be changed in the page templates)

New members will need to be able to sign up / pay via PayPal and login to upload there listing details.

I would also like to have featured listings on some pages

Which program would you recommend for this website conversion?

Re: [isdoo] CMS Builder or Instant Realty Website?

By AussieT - July 7, 2009

As far as I am aware the instant reality version is simply CMS Builder with additional templates.

So perhaps if large changes are required anyway, stick with the parent product.

You can have wysiwyg boxes or text boxes, so the choice is yours.

Not sure about PayPal, but there may be another post of these forums relatign to that.

I have also seen a thread on 'featured listings' - so that should assist.

So in my view CMSB will be fine. Good lcuk :)

Thanks for your reply, I thought I read something similar in the forum somewhere in the past.

I guess I may be able to use some of the functionality of the IRW like searches etc to cut down dev. time

Will see what others have to say also.

Re: [AussieT] CMS Builder or Instant Realty Website?

By ross - July 7, 2009

Hi there

Thanks for posting!

The instant websites are all based on CMS Builder but they come with a simple template set and a couple sections (listings and homepages) so you can start editing right out of the box.

Changing fields from WYSIWYG editors to text editors is no problem at all. Same thing goes for featured listings; no problem at all.

With payment processing, PayPal does have some options. That would be something we customize specifically for you through consulting so drop me a line there (consulting@interactivetools.com) when you want to start going over the options.

How does that all sound? Let me know what you think :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/