Integrating CMS builder into my website

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 20, 2009   (RSS)

By Mikey - April 20, 2009

Hello,
I'm quite excited about finding CMS Builder and what my understanding of it's capabilities are. I've been searching for a CMS solution I can use for a few weeks now. A CMS solution that I can integrate with my website, instead of making my web site integrate with a CMS solution.

So, I've searched the CMS Builder threads and haven't had much luck finding an exact answer to a few Pre-sale questions I have, so I'll try to ask these as plainly as I can and try to make sense in the process.

If I understood the CMS Builder video demo correctly, I can create my pages in CMS Builder, then go to the "Viewer Code", copy and paste the <?php echo... code into the ".html" pages of my existing web site to load the newly created page I made in CMS Builder into my .html pages?

My questions are:
1) Is my understanding of how CMS Builder can be integrated into my existing web site correct as mentioned above?

2) If the answer to (1) is yes. How do the pages I have created in CMS Builder integrate with my own navigation I have designed on my existing web site? Would I need to create my pages in CSM Builder first, then copy the URLs of the pages I have created in CMS Builder and add them as the destination URLs to the existing navigation of my own .html web site?

3) OR - is the answer to (1) is partially correct, but instead I would need to create my pages in CMS Builder, then go to the "Viewer Code", copy and paste the <?php echo... code into the ".html" pages of my existing web site and then save my existing web site pages as a ".php" page to load the newly created page I made in CMS Builder into my existing web site design? Therefore needing to re-establish all my navigation links to the appropriate .php pages I have created using CMS Builder? If correct, would question number (2) apply to question (3)?

4) If the answer to (1) is no, does this mean I need to copy the header and footer of my existing web site into a CMS Builder template for creating menus/pages in CMS Builder?

5) From what I've read in the support forums, it sounds like I can create CMS Builder user accounts and give the user full or limited permissions so they could edit pages based on the privileges I wish to give them. Is this correct?

6) If the answer to (5) is yes. Can I limit specific users privileges so that they can not create new pages, but only edit content of existing pages?

7) Is there a "Contact Us" form solution built into CMS Builder? If yes does it have a CAPTCHA code or some other method to block spam bots?

8) If the answer to (7) is yes. Does it support multiple-page forms?

9) If the answer to (7) is no. What web form script would you recommend to use with CMS Builder that supports CAPTCHA Code and multiple-page forms?

Thank you,
Zickey