Connection problem on footer of page only

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 30, 2009   (RSS)

By terryally - March 28, 2009

Hello,

I am having a problem with CMSB retrieving data for the footer of the page only. Everything else above the main contents area is appearing. The error message is printed at the end of this message.

The URL is http://www.lakesideworlddarts.co.uk/subscribe_test.php where the full source code can be viewed (PHP show-source).

This problem occurred AFTER I inserted two includes in the main content area. These includes queried another database to populate two drop down boxes. After that I cannot figure out how to reconnect with the CMSB database to retrieve the content for my footer.

Can you tell me how to achieve this please?

Thanks
Terry

---- ERROR MESSAGE ------

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: 'lakedarts@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/lakedarts/www/www/cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php on line 146 Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/lakedarts/www/www/cms_admin/lib/viewer_functions.php on line 146 getRecords(lakeside_darts) MySQL Error: Access denied for user: 'lakedarts@localhost' (Using password: NO)

Re: [terryally] Connection problem on footer of page only

By ross - March 30, 2009

Hi Terry

I am wondering if the extra includes is bumping you into a connection limit or some sort. Like, you can only connect to the database with the same account a certain amount of times in quick succession.

I don't know for sure though so I'd like to run a couple tests. Could you email me FTP details to your server through ross@interactivetools.com? If you could link back to this forum post as well, that would be great!

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Connection problem on footer of page only

By terryally - April 1, 2009

Hi Ross,

I got your note and I just responded in a fairly comprehensive way.

Basically, I removed the footer and the message vanished. I believe that the CMSB connection closed after I open a second connection. Perhaps there is a way to reopen it for the footer?

Terry

By terryally - April 29, 2009

After much discussion and patient technical support from Ross the solution turns out to be something one needs to know before building the site.

Essentially I was using the multi-record section editor and that does not like other non-CMSB database connections on the same page so it throws a tantrum.

However the single record section editor doesn't mind another connection.

The bottom line is that CMSB does have its limitations in this respect and once you know that you can decide what type of section editor to use or whether CMSB is appropriate the job at hand.

The only solution in my case was to start from scratch and re-code the entire site - which I am not going to do!

If I am wrong, I am sure Ross will correct me.

Terry

By ross - April 30, 2009

Hi Terry.

I agree with you on this one. There is defintiely something thought you'll want to put into the structure of the data before you get started.

The main thing to keep in mind though is that we are here to help even at that stage. So it's better to think it out first, ask us as many questions as you need and then start setting up the database.

Keep me up to date with how you are making out. We are always here to help :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/