Problems installing CMSB

2 posts by 1 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 30, 2009   (RSS)

By Carrie - March 29, 2009

[font "Calibri"]We are trying to install CMSB on a clients server that has restricted access for security reasons. They have provided us with a MySQL database name and a login to MyPHPAdmin, but we are unable to create a username and password for the database, and they are insisting that we can’t have this kind of access.

[font "Calibri"]

[font "Calibri"]This has been an ongoing issue for over 3 months now, with the client refusing to change hosting providers. Recently, the hosting provider came back with these “work around” instructions:

[font "Calibri"]

What I can understand here is customer is trying to access database from their script. I will show you the line command to do this (they can easily re-syntax it to their script):

mulianasn@zeusweb:~$ mysql -h db2.syd.pacific.net.au -u iceaustweb -p Enter password:

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.

Your MySQL connection id is 24124272

Server version: 5.0.32-Debian_7etch1-log Debian etch distribution

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> show databases;

+--------------------+

| Database |

+--------------------+

| information_schema |

| iceaustwebdb |

+--------------------+

2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

As seen above, I connect to database from the web server using command line. Please notice that the mysql server hostname is: db2.syd.pacific.net.au. I use mysql username and password that was provided by tech support: UN: iceaustweb PW: ic3au5t

I can use the command line (and pair username/passwd) above to view the database. I could also create and view tables structure using the username/password provided. However, I believe user can NOT create new database as each of our customer has been setup a limited privilege.

[font "Calibri"]

[font "Calibri"]Any ideas on how to get around this?

[font "Calibri"]

[font "Calibri"]Regards,

[font "Calibri"]Carrie

[font "Calibri"]

[font "Calibri"]
Carrie
WebGenesis
www.webgenesis.com.au