Why so much styling in the problem files and not in CSS?

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 13, 2009   (RSS)

By oren3419 - March 12, 2009

Hello,

I'm just trying to change the language, and the style of CMS Builder to match Right-to-Left. But as I see now MUCH things needed to be done from the program files themselves, and not from the CSS?

Why not use CSS for all the styling?
It's very frustrating.

Would appreciate a response.

Oren

Re: [oren3419] Why so much styling in the problem files and not in CSS?

By Dave - March 12, 2009

Hi Oren,

We've been working on improving the CSS but the short answer is no one has asked yet.

If there's some updates you'd like me to make to the code let me know and I'll work on getting them included for the next release. You can post here or email me direct at dave@interactivetools.com

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [oren3419] Why so much styling in the problem files and not in CSS?

By Dave - March 13, 2009

Hi oren3419,

It was the easiest way to do it. It's much harder to design an interface that is reversible and we hadn't had anyone ask for that until now. A lot of the features and functionality of the program is driven by user requests.

On top of this we wanted the CSS to be small enough that it was editable by average developers, without having to be CSS experts or work with pages and pages of css code.

We will likely redesign the interface at some point and we'll certainly keep your comments in mind when doing that, and in the meantime if there's some code changes that you've made that you'd like us to apply to the next version we can do that too.

You could try using CSS selectors or jquery to automatically do it... jquery being something like:

<script>
$("[align=left]").attr('align','right');
</script>

You'd have to experiment with that though.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com