Can I use placeholders?

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 9, 2009   (RSS)

Re: [terryally] Can I use placeholders?

By gkornbluth - March 9, 2009

Hi Terry,

If I understand you correctly you might find your answer in the "info" fields that can be included for each upload.

You can include Title, Caption or any other information in these fields and then display them as part of the upload code block.

You might find the explanations on this and other topics in my CMSB Cookbook helpful.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

Re: [gkornbluth] Can I use placeholders?

By terryally - March 9, 2009

Hi Jerry,

My enquiry is slightly different.

I know that for each upload all these things are included. In Article Manager the same obtains. The point of departure for the two is that with Artman I can grab everything through a single placeholder (e.g. ***image1***, ***image2:left***) and position them in the text of my article.

In CMSB, I need to find a way to replicate this.

Does that make sense??

Terry

Re: [terryally] Can I use placeholders?

By Dave - March 9, 2009

Hi Terry,

There's no way to enter extra caption data on wysiwyg uploads right now, except for manually entering it below the image in the wysiwyg. So nothing for that right now.

The wysiwyg does have the ability to have what they call "snippets" or "templates" which are little blocks of html code. So that would be one way to insert a table or frame for an image that had a space for a caption below it. But that might take a bit of work to get going properly.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com