Fix For: Temp Upload dir does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.

10 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 12, 2009   (RSS)

By Dave - January 21, 2009

If you upgraded to 1.24 and you're getting this error you can fix it by commenting out the following files (add the code in red) in \lib\menus\default\uploadForm_functions.php on line 35:

// Error checking
//$uploadTmpDir = ini_get('upload_tmp_dir');
//if (!is_dir($uploadTmpDir)) { die("Temp Upload dir '$uploadTmpDir' does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.<br/>\n"); }

Some hosts were incorrectly configured and didn't have an PHP upload directory set so we added this error check to detect it. Unfortunately it looks like other hosts work correctly with no upload dir set and use a default dir instead so sometimes this can give an error when there is none.

It should be pretty uncommon but if you get this error and you think it's a mistake just comment out the line above and it will fix it. We'll have a fix for this shortly.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Fix For: Temp Upload dir does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.

By Roj - January 24, 2009

Thanks Dave,

I have just upgraded to 1.24 and had this problem.
Your fix worked fine.
Roj

Re: [Dave] Fix For: Temp Upload dir does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.

By Carrie - February 5, 2009

Hi Dave,

I can't find the code you refer to in that file, and I am getting that error message. Can you help?

Thanks,
Carrie
WebGenesis
www.webgenesis.com.au

Re: [Carrie] Fix For: Temp Upload dir does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.

By Dave - February 6, 2009

Hi Carrie,

Try upgrading to 1.26 (the latest version) and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't post the exact error and I can take a look.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

Re: [Carrie] Fix For: Temp Upload dir does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.

By Kenny - February 6, 2009

CMS Builder users can upgrade by donation at this page (you can enter 0 if you've donated recently, we don't expect you to pay for bug fixes): http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/

Kenny

By Dave - February 6, 2009

Hi Carrie,

Also, I'll add that if you're still having problems with an install feel free to email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look (Don't post login details to the forum).

If could be the bug from earlier, or if could be the error message doing it's job correctly and telling you the host isn't configured right.

Let me know if you need any more help with this.
interactivetools.com

By Amaranta123 - March 12, 2009

Hi,

We had CMS Builder installed on a client's site a couple of months ago and the client is getting the "Temp Upload dir '' does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini." error message.

I am a code dummy - is this something your consulting guys can fix for me?

Thank you!

Re: [Amaranta123] Fix For: Temp Upload dir does't exist! Ask server admin to check 'upload_tmp_dir' setting in php.ini.

By Dave - March 12, 2009

Hi Amaranta123,

Sure, just send CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll take care of it for you. Email, don't post login details to the forum.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By Amaranta123 - March 12, 2009

Thank you Dave for fixing this! I emailed you but I want to heap some public praise too - fantastic service, fabulous products!

That's enough - don't want to make you guys blush too much [blush] [blush] [blush]