error 404 when selecting general settings

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 5, 2009   (RSS)

By craig_bcd - December 17, 2008

I just installed cms builder 1.23 on a hosting platform (web.com linux) I don't normally use, It installed fine, I set the permissions but when I run admin I login fine but then when I click admin, and general settings (or any of the others) I get a "were sorry the file you requested is not found on this site error 404"

I checked all the permissions and they all seem to be fine... help?

thanks

Re: [craighodges] error 404 when selecting general settings

By ross - December 17, 2008

Hi.

Thanks for posting!

That's an odd one. I am wondering if maybe some of the interface didn't get uploaded properly. What I mean there is maybe some of the uploads were corrupted.

What I suggest is uploading your /lib folder again and see if that helps. If you are still getting that error message, I'll need to take a closer look and for that, a support request will be needed:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support.cgi

Either way, keep me up to date with how you are making out :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] error 404 when selecting general settings

By craig_bcd - December 17, 2008

Ross -

Thanks so much. I did submit a support ticket. After talking with someone on the phone, i did upload the \lib directory again - no dice. I also re-downloaded the whole thing and uploaded that lib directory. Same thing...go figure. Any help you can give would be great. I am under the gun to build a whole site in what is now 3 days.

thanks.

Craig

By ross - December 17, 2008

Hi Craig.

I got your support request and emailed you back. This is just for anyone else following along.

Basically, it looked like all the links in the admin section thought the script thought its name was home.php instead of admin.php. This isn't really something you can change in the admin or in the installation so I don't exactly know how it happened.

I suspect there was something on the server that changed how those links worked. All the options are fairly technical so I won't go into much detail here.

It all seems to be good again though so have another look. If it comes back, let me know and I can do further testing.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Dave - February 5, 2009

Hi Craig,

Can you email CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll take a look? Email, don't post login details to the forum.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com